Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Adding Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Default Adding Cruise Control

I have a 2008 Tribute that did not come with cruise control but I really want to add it. I have seen after market controls but was not really all that impressed. I have also seen steering wheels that were for sale from junked Tributes that have the cruise control installed on them.

Is is possible I could purchase one of these steering wheels and simply replace the old one and re-connect the electronics?

Thanks.

MF

Old 06-15-2010, 08:10 PM

Watch out with that because i checked it in my haynes manual and the original is conected to the PCM so i dont think you can take a cruise control from a junker and put it in .I think it is better to instal a complet aftermarket product . The original is also hooked up to the vehicle speed sensor speed control indicator (what is normal for the aftermarket product) the output shaft sensor and the turbine shaft speed sensor (automatic transmission) If you stil wish to change the steeringwheel the three wire colors are lt blu/pink lt blu/black and dk grn/org on a 2002 tribute
watch out for the airbag