Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Default airbag light

i've come to realize tons of peaple who own tribute have this issue with the airbag lightflashing at them. but my case is one for the books. i took it to the dealership so they could repair it. i get a call from the the next day saying that it was loose connetioons under both the driver's and the passenger's seats and they "tightened them". I paid them $184 to fix it, well i was driving home that day not more than 5 miles and the light came on again so i took my truck back to them for repair. well they told me this time it was the pretentioners under the seats and they had to keep the car for 2 days to repair it and that since they were replacing parts this time my warrenty would cover the repairs. so i go t my money back for the first botched job. well the night i got my truck back form them the light comes on AGAIN!!!! my abs light alos decides it wants to play this game too when i hold it down for more than a few second.this time i'm really angry. i also paid attention to the times it flashed. 4 times them 5 what do it mean? but the sega doesnt end there ont he way to give the dealership a 3rd shot at repairing my truck my aux power cig lighter and radio dont work and the the car dies on the on ramp during rush hour traffic. what could be going on with my truck? it's obvious the technicians at the dealership (a Mazda dealership!!) has not clue. i had none of these issues prior to going to the dealership butthe airbag light being on. HELP me please.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: airbag light

If you take it back it will be their third attempt at repairing it. That means if you call the regional corporate office and talk to customer service the area rep for that store will get involved. The reps visit each dealership in their region once a month. That said the techs have access to trouble shooters that work for Mazda that this type thing is all they do. A 1-800 number away.The tech at every dealership has access to Mazdas main database of warranty repairs performed for every problem under the sun. As well as TSB/recall info just by typing in your VIN and the symptoms they should be able to get more than enough info. You will just have to work through it im afraid. Just try to remain calm and collective and take it back to the dealer.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:11 PM

i was told today that the cause of my lastest problem was a really low battery. is this right? i had no issues with my truck starting prior to taking it to the dealership for them to repair it. are they blowing smoke or are they for real? my car is only 4 years old and yes it has 70,000 miles on it but it ran great before they got a hold of it.although i still havent gotten it back yet( they kept it over night to "road test it" to ensure that it was good to go) i'm worried that i'm paying $140 for something they caused to go bad in the first place because the flasing airbag code was 45. meaning some sensor wasnt mounted properly.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:34 AM

Probably blowing smoke and covering their *** since it is their third attempt at repairing it. No telling what they will actually do to repair it but at least now they know they have a noose around their neck and will go the extra mile so they dont fall off the stool and strangle themselves. They may do a ton of work and just find another car that is under warranty and submit the repairs to mazda for reimbursement. It happens.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:52 AM

thats great news. i was smart when i bought my truck and go the extended warrenty upto 100000 miles/ 6yrs and it looks like it was a good buy from all the post about tranny issues here. so far ive had none, but the airbag light thing. it does suck tha i have to pay them money for something they caused to go bad in the first place just to get them to fix thier botched job in the first place though. you kinda expect quality work for a dealership not the crap iverecieved.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:04 PM

Turning wrenchs at a dealer is much different than working at an independent shop. You basicly work for 2 people. The dealer is privately owned and wants to see profits. Everyone is on commision so they want the work out fast. You also have the manufacturer on your *** bean counting every month. They look at every part you replaced under warranty and look at the $ amount you spent on warranty repairs and compare them to other dealers. The technician has to do his own paperwork and turn wrenchs with everyone pushing him to work fast and flawlessly.
That said. You are right. They have endless amounts of information and the best diagnostic equipment for that manufacturers cars on hand so they should get it right. Mazda does not ask the dealers if they want that new $8k tester. They just ship it and bill them so it is not an issue of not having the tools to do the job right. It boils down to individuals doing their job just like any other business though. There are good ones out there. You find one you stick with him.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:56 PM

well it did it again! truck died in vegas same thing as before. radio died and then car died well driving. battery has less than 500 miles on it!!! what is going on here?!?! my dealership told me the battery caused the light to come on but the airbag light came on first. obviously there is a ground somewhere that noone is wantingtoatmit and fix. any suggestion on how to get things rolling to get my repair done the right way?