Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Need help with window wiring on 2002 Mazda Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 11:07 PM
Default Need help with window wiring on 2002 Mazda Tribute

Hello, so not sure if this is the best place to post this, and if it isn't let me know. So I'm trying to install a module where when the car is off and I press the lock button on my remote, if any windows are down then they will be rolled up. Now I'm trying to do this myself, so I can educate myself on how to do it so it's a skill I have, as well as save money. The issue I'm having trouble with is locating the wires for all the windows. I know the general area their in, as online research says there in a harness in drivers kick from driver door, however looking at the wires coming off the harnesses from where fuses are I can't seem to track them down. If anyone can guide me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. If any more info is needed I'll provide what I can. Thanks!

Old 09-17-2020, 03:13 AM
ipn

Might help ?

Old 09-17-2020, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by ipn
Might help ?
I appreciate the response. Yes, that is where I have been looking, so good to know I am looking in the right place. However, do you know, in this picture, where the window wiring is? Is it coming off of the white connector, green connector, blue connector, gray connector? I can take a picture of my own car if it is needed, but I cannot seem to track down the harness that the wires are coming out of.

Old 09-17-2020, 05:23 PM
ipn

Look for the wire colors and then associate them at the fuse box plugs and then that will tell you which plug it is , good luck (really no luck needed as it really is skill)
ps- also down load the schematics , that shown is page 130 .

Old 09-18-2020, 08:49 PM

Thanks for providing those, after some headbanging I realize the answer was in front of me the entire time and it made sense, as it said it was a harness that was in drivers kick from driver door, which, upon looking further it makes complete sense. I just had to look further back behind the fuse box and I found the wiring I need at least for the windows. The only thing left now is to find the sunroof wires and I should be good. Do you know where to get those schematics, as I cant seem to track them down?

Old 09-19-2020, 12:29 AM
ipn

Originally Posted by Camry2731
Thanks for providing those, after some headbanging I realize the answer was in front of me the entire time and it made sense, as it said it was a harness that was in drivers kick from driver door, which, upon looking further it makes complete sense. I just had to look further back behind the fuse box and I found the wiring I need at least for the windows. The only thing left now is to find the sunroof wires and I should be good. Do you know where to get those schematics, as I cant seem to track them down?
https://www.fordforums.com.au/vbport...hp?moduleid=60 , go for the escape za/ba ones 2001-2006 , you are aware the mazda tribute and ford escape are the same thing , try to remember that when looking for parts also as the escape parts are sometimes much cheaper , cheers .

Old 09-20-2020, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by ipn
https://www.fordforums.com.au/vbport...hp?moduleid=60 , go for the escape za/ba ones 2001-2006 , you are aware the mazda tribute and ford escape are the same thing , try to remember that when looking for parts also as the escape parts are sometimes much cheaper , cheers .
Thanks for providing that. I was not aware that they were the same, I had seen a lot of people comparing them, but I did not realize that they were basically the same thing

Old 09-20-2020, 08:27 AM
ipn

Yep all ok .

It's called re-badging , ford have been big on Mazda over the years , a big list out here and probably world-wide , anyway i hope you have some success with the wiring , cheers .