Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

shuttering?>

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Default shuttering?>

hey guys .. first time poster . i got a 02 truibute with the v6.. awesome suv.. now.. when i start it the engine will stutter/shutter till i give it gas.. now when im cruisin when it goes to down **** it feels like the motors shuttering before it downshifts.. the cel comes on and then flashes then goes off.... it does this quite often... any input is thankful

Old 06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Default RE: shuttering?>

Both problems sound like a engine missfire and is also supported by the flashing CEL. The ONLY time the CEL will flash and not just come on solid is when you have a severe and potentially catalytic converter damaging missfire is occuring. Drive as little as absolute necessary untill you have the missfire repaired. A code should be stored in the engine computer that will hopefully give a direction as to which cylinder is causing the problem. Autozone and many other parts stores can retrieve this OBDII code for you at no charge. Causes of the missfire can be most anything although ignition coils and bad spark plugshave been the most common.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Default RE: shuttering?>

well took the car in today... number 4 plug and coil pack was all rusted pretty pretty bad and really corroated... so they orderd a new pack and plug.. they will be in tommorw, hope that will fix it ..