Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Tribute advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:45 AM
Default Tribute advice needed

Hi all , im looking for a bit of advice ive just got a tribute 04 plate (GB) and was looking to change the factory stereo.
could someone tell me how easy it is to remove as the facia im wanting to buy looks a bit different to what im used to.
(im used to using pins to slide out the old and slide in the new)
could someone who has changed their tribute stereo tell me if its tricky as going by the image of the facia below it looks to be more than sliding pins down the side

heres a link and an image of the one i was thinking of putting in .

http://www.ryda.com.au/Aerpro-Mazda-...p/fp997505.htm

[/align]I am also lookin out for a luggage(cargo)cover as it was missing when i got the carbut icant seem to find one anywhere.[/align][/align]
Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance[/align]

Old 12-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Default RE: Tribute advice needed

why not buy a double din sterio

Old 12-13-2008, 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: asianstutter

why not buy a double din sterio
Read the question again mate , your answer was as much use as a snooze button on a smoke alarm

Old 12-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

davi,
In the first place, Welcome to the forum. However, please put your ego on hold here. We are a friendly and respectfulforum, and asianstutter, also a VERY new member here was only trying to help you. No need to get cranky just because you didn't like his response.
Now, that said, here comes another useless answer:
I am not familiar with the Tribute stereo, but based on the picture you provided it appears that the new mount bolts or screws into the sides somewhere and then has the DIN clips (pins, if you will) you were looking for on the front.
Speaking for my 3 series, andI have little doubt that there is much difference in this department, the factory stereo is quite easy to remove. Removea dash trim piece, a few screw/bolts and your done in 10 mins.I"m sure that with alittle mechanical know-how, and you seem mechanically inclined to me already, it will be very easy to figure out. Do some exploratory probing and find out.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:01 PM

Do a search for stereo removal or installation on the Tribute forum. I think I read something awhile ago about needing a special tool from the dealer in order to remove the factory radio.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:51 AM

i always buy from crutchfield. you can get all the tools you need from them plus detailed instructions on how to install. if you get stuck you can always call one of their advisors to help.you'llpay a little more but i think its worth it.