Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Vacuum hose size.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 12:28 AM
Default Vacuum hose size.

I have a 2004 v6 and this is about vacuum hose sizes. The hose i am referring to is the one that comes from the middle connection on the inlet manifold. It services the EGR solenoid, the EGR valve, the charcoal cannister and another connection under the side of the engine. Now i wanted to replace all the old hoses and was given the 3 mm sizing at the parts store. This was a vac hose though it was thin walled. It was also hard to get on to the T and L connections but i did manage to do it. I went to a different parts store today and he told me it should be 6 mm so i purchased some. It is much thicker walled and goes onto all the connections much easier. What i am asking is does anyone here know the correct size, ie is it 6 mm. Also there is a check valve on this setup so does anyone know exactly where it goes. I know this is long and drawn out but i would appreciate any assistance. In the pic the 3 mm is in the middle, the new 6 mm is on the left and the original hose is on the right. The latter is a bit smaller than the 6 but larger than the 3. Also would the different sizing make a difference to what they do.
The folks i purchased it from butchered this setup. Thanks all.