Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

05 Mazda3 CD Player problem. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Default RE: 05 Mazda3 CD Player problem. Help!

you listen 2 the sounds of texas... well as you know im young. i have my music blaring. but it gets to a point where you realllly notice it and it annoys the crap out of me

Old 11-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

you listen 2 the sounds of texas... well as you know im young. i have my music blaring. but it gets to a point where you realllly notice it and it annoys the crap out of me
Actually, I listen to the sounds of "Vibrant" & "MazdaSpeed", my tires scrubbing the road surface. And being older, I have more to think about. Music in the car just gets in the way of my concentration these days.
My best friend's older brother drove an MGB-GT and removed the radio and out a blank in the space. When I asked him why he said, "becasue it's just annoying noise." At the time (25-30 yrs ago) I didn't & couldn't understand, but now I do. You may come to feel the same way someday?

BTW: Love the new sig. Did you think that up all by yourself??? (I am so nasty.)
It's good that you can laugh at yourself now, because it only gets worse. Keep it up, yungun.
And for my part,my commentwas a question (?).

Old 11-12-2007, 07:34 PM

and my reply is there btw hahaha. but no i understand. but i really like music too much i cant not listen 2 it. its part of my life. not sure why just is. yea i kind of thought of that myself. iw as like oh wow that would work. and so i did it. and look waht happened i kind of figured you would like that lol.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 AM

Here's an update. I could not fix the problem, but it lookslike virgin1 is right. When you look inside the CD unit you can see where the connector is welded to the main board (or whatever it's called) and it looked like it had overheated or something.. You can see a brown spot right thewire tracks meet the back of the connector. I'm not messing with that. I put the radio back together and it was working fine so I cancelled my appointment at the dealer. But last night it started with the same thing. I'll take it to the dealer next week.At least I can point them in the right direction now.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

WOW!!! You mean I was actually (or may be) correct about.... SOMETHING??? Especially involving the factory radio/stereo??
j/k.
Not being where most of you are to see your problems, I do make a lot of "educated" guesses. 'One of them had to be the correct one sooner or later.
Glad to be of help, Sir.I hope you are able to get the problem solved now.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

'Taking the wind out of my sails, Mr. Spots.....

Old 11-15-2007, 02:40 PM

I really dought its the ALC which i find to be crap... But anyway. I dought the radio is at fault here. You are def loseing a connection to the left side. the wierd part is that if you are losing front and rear than i dought its the harness because I'm pretty sure each door has its own harness. check and see if you hear anything out of the rear speaker when it goes out

Old 11-15-2007, 04:42 PM

when ever it happens, both front-left and rear-left stop functioning at the same time. I have played with the balance and fade to make sure. I am thinking that the dealer has only been replacing the cd unit like virgin1 suggested and they need to replace the whole radio.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Don't worry about it, Ren. EC is having a bad day.I suggested to him on another thread that he is going through menopause and that he needed to have his hormone levels checked.
He'll be better in an hour... or two.

j/k e.c. j/k

Quick Reply: 05 Mazda3 CD Player problem. Help!