Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

'10 Side Moldings - Site Sponsor

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Thumbs up '10 Side Moldings - Site Sponsor

For '10 Mazda discontinued side moldings on the 3. I'm not sure why, maybe to provide a cleaner look but in the real world I'd like some protection on my doors.

The dealer said that Mazda does not even offer them as a DIO which I also thought was strange. My sales guy said he had seen some on Ebay so I checked it out.

Turns out the ones on Ebay are from one of our site sponsors, Sportwing. You provide your paint code at the time of ordering and they paint and clearcoat the moldings and send them within a few days.

The moldings look just like OEM, they provide easy installation instructions which basically are the measurements up from the bottom of the doors. Then you apply a strip of masking tape down the side for a guide, the molding have the OEM style 3M super sticky tape. I had them on in less than 30 minutes.

The price is reasonable too, somewhere south of $150 which is good for OEM style custom painted to match the car. They also have custom moldings for many other cars too, give them a look if you are in the market.