Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2005 Mazda 3 - power windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Default 2005 Mazda 3 - power windows

I own a 2005 Mazda 3 and I recently found that the front driver side window and the front passenger side window will not function. I have tried to open the front passenger side window from the passenger seat and it will not function as well. The rear driver side and passenger side windows work functionally from the switches.

I have reviewed the owner’s manual and there is a fuse and I am thinking I need to check and see if this needs to be replaced. However I would think that the rear windows would work off of the same fuse so I am perplexed by this.

Any suggestions?

Old 09-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Default Update ...

Originally Posted by ZoomZoom69
I own a 2005 Mazda 3 and I recently found that the front driver side window and the front passenger side window will not function. I have tried to open the front passenger side window from the passenger seat and it will not function as well. The rear driver side and passenger side windows work functionally from the switches.

I have reviewed the owner’s manual and there is a fuse and I am thinking I need to check and see if this needs to be replaced. However I would think that the rear windows would work off of the same fuse so I am perplexed by this.

Any suggestions?
Update ...

Well I see that several people have viewed my posting but no comments were given. Anyways, I waited a day and the windows appear to be working again and I haven't even had a chance to check anything on the car. I am thinking it must have been a fluke.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:26 PM

there's a single lockout switch on the drivers door - that's the ground source for all the window switches. It's possible that the wires in the drivers door have broken for the front window controls and not the rear - they are all seperate wires.
And that would also explain why it started working again... you opened the door.
Try moving the door when the windows are in motion and see if they cut out.