Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2007 Mazda 3 sport GT - loose ride...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Default 2007 Mazda 3 sport GT - loose ride...

I have reached the 80K mark and have started noticing that the stiff smooth performance ride that I was used to is becoming more loose unresponsive and unstable. I have brought this up to my dealer and they said that there was nothing wrong. In my opinion there is something wrong and I need to get it fixed so that I can recapture the true ZOOM-ZOOM experience. Any suggestions on what to do, experiences that you have had similar to mine and what you did about it would be appreciated...
I have recently changed my tres to 17" general tires but I am thinking of upgrading the suspension or the sway bars, any ideas

Old 07-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Ummmm.... this section of the forum is for, "Forum for members experiencing problems with the board or those who have suggestions to make the forum better. So I will move this thread to the proper place... the Mazda3 section seems about right.

Second, welcome to the forum, lucky.

Third, the Generals are not known to be the best performance tires and are known to be a little soft in the sidewall. That may be part of what you are experiencing. Struts and shocks begin to wear out from the first day they are put into use. W/80k on the clock perhaps it's time to think about upgrading them to either the Konis (2 different choices,) or the Bilsteins.
There are many possibilities for sway bar upgrades. You might (from mild to extreme):
1) Buy the Progress or Whiteline rear bar.
2) Upgrade to MS3 bars that someone has taken off their car.
3) Eibach makes the Mazdaspeed accessory bars but they are a lot cheaper with the Eibach name on them. They come as a set for <$300.
4) Racing Beat offers a set that are more extreme and can be bought separately from each other. Total cost, >$300.
5) Tri-Point Engineering has a new rear bar that is getting rave reviews, but is a little pricey at $240.
6) Both Cobb and Hotchkis offer bars front and rear (purchased separately,) but are mainly designed to upgrade the Speed3's OE bars and may be a little much for an NA 3.

Of these and for the average street/DD driver, I would think the Eibachs or RB's to be the best overall choice. I warn you though, the front bar is a B*tch to install. Professional installation may be the easiest and fastest way for that one, though the most expensive too.
The rear bar is a piece of cake. +/-20mins in your driveway.