Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2008 Mazda 3 audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Default 2008 Mazda 3 audio

Hello everyone,

I have a 2008 Mazda 3 S Touring, and it has an option for both Sirius radio and an AUX port. I know that the AUX port has been disconnected for the Sirius to work, but what part do I need to reconnect the AUX port in order for it to work?

I have no interest in keeping the satellite radio connected, just having the AUX port connected will be fine. Any help will be much appreciated

Old 01-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

This is a pretty straightforward fix. When the dealer installs the satellite radio box they unplug the ACI from the back of the stereo head unit end generally tie off the ACI harness to other wires, etc. to keep it from rattling around. All you need to do is: remove the HU, unplug the sirius cable, locate and plug in the ACI cable, and reinstall the HU.

All in all it shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes...... perhaps longer the first time you pull the HU. It isn't hard to do at all and you only need a phillips head screwdriver.

You need to remove the dash strip. it's held on by 3 or 4 tension clips, and a hook on the far right. Open the glove compt. to get a purchase on the bottom of the strip and start pulling on it to pop the clips loose. Make sure to not pull the far right straight out as it can break the hook off. Either pop loose the clips between the LCD and the far right and gently bend the strip to release the hook, OR pop all the clips (including the one left of the LCD) loose and then just slid the whole strip to the left to clear the hook.

Next remove the two phillips head screws near the LCD holding the HU in place. There are two other ones which hold the upper dash piece in place. They don't need to be removed.

Next grab the top of the HU and pull to release the tension clips holding it. Make sure to not pull on the back of the faceplate as it can come loose. Try and grab the chassis. Remember the HU is super heavy, and the edges of the chassis are sharp...ish. If you're not planning on fully disconnecting it and putting it aside I'd recommend putting a towel between it and the dash/shifter to make sure it doesn't scratch everything up.

Remove the sirius plug.... it's the one towards the driver's side of the car. Look around for the other harness and plug it in.

Reinstall in reverse.