Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2013 Mazda 3 Grand Touring 5 door. About to pull trigger.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Default 2013 Mazda 3 Grand Touring 5 door. About to pull trigger.

Have a 2012 VW CC Rline. The car is decked out, Rline trim, NAV, exhaust, chipped, 14k miles on it. Dealer offered me 22k for the car. I owe 22k. Looking at a Mazda 3 5 door. However all they have is frign black with the tech package. I wanted the red or the white.

You think I'm an idiot for going with black? I had a black Jetta and the major problem I had was washing it too much with rags that weren't thoroughly clean. What I'm perplexed about as well is the fact that Mazda touts about talk to text funcitoning in the 2013 bluetooth incorporated vehicles, but in the compatibility matrix, it does not work with Apple Iphone 4, 4S IO6 (mind) and Iphone 5.

Really? The most popular phone on the planet?

Old 03-03-2013, 10:56 AM

I'm told the lack of "apple integration" is a function of apple--they won't release it to mfrs. Not sure this is true or not, just what the sales guy told me.

I purchased the most compatible android phone on the list specifically to see how well it would work in the car (I was due for an upgrade, anyway), and its still very new to me, but I think the integration is going to be OK. You can't view a message while driving but it will read it to you, which makes sense. After reading the message, the voice response system asks you if you'd like to call the person who just sent the message, which is pretty cool!

The voice activation sounds like it would be great, but it is pretty touchy, both for finding numbers in the phone book and for navigation. Frequently can't find the person I'm trying to call in my phone book. And the voice activated navigation has yet to find a destination for me. You have to stop the car and manually enter a destination in order for it to work.

Certainly not the end of the world, but not what I thought I was getting. Still love the car, though.

Last edited by tvn300; 03-03-2013 at 04:35 PM.