Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2014 Mazda3 Infotainment Problems? Yes. You too? Call Mazda!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Mazda 6 - Infotainment. Version 33 was just installed in my Mazda. It did absolutely NOTHING as far as fixing USB from starting at the beginning every time and the IPOD from doing the same thing and not taking so long. If this is the update they were talking about they are a--holes.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:19 PM

well, it is ver 33 I got 4-5 weeks ago.

it has been much more stable, I've been able to plug/unplug USB without any issues. I do think it is faster also.

that said, the dealer told me that using usb may be in the manual, but it doesn't work, and I was on my own if I tried to use it, it's Mazda's problem, not theirs.

my only real gripe at the moment with the system is that it seems to take 5 minutes to first lock onto the satellites when you first start the car after it is cold (off for a couple of minutes seems fine). so, the first 5 minutes after leaving the garage the system really has no idea where it is. there is no reason for it to take this long, they are doing something dumb.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:03 AM

The updates seemingly are beta updates. It's hard to believe that a Japanese software engineer created this program.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:10 AM

Hello,

The unresponsive display struck me, too. After pressing the "P" button that activates the parking sensors, after pressing some other buttons on the main console, after 2 full Restarts from the START/STOP button (while waiting at the red traffic light) - the same thing, nothing happened. Although the music was running well through bluetooth also the Mute sound, too.

I did not try to put the gearbox in REVERSE, to see if the rear camera will activate and then everything will come back to normal - I was in traffic. And I was upset, that I've forgot to try this method, when I've parked my car to arrive at home.

I am talking about a new Mazda 3 sedan 2.0 Skyactiv 120hp Skycruise Trim. My screen was BLACK, only the "Please check the surroundings for safety" was displayed at the lower part of the screen. I am waiting for an answer from the dealer.

But if what I've heard here is true, that a firmware update is available at the dealer, ready to be installed into the infotainment operating system and that will solve the software problems, well, it sounds like great news. I love the car and the mileage is great, too :
5.7 L/100 km as a minimum, for an average of 105 kmh on highway
11.3L/100 km as a maximum, for an average of 16 kmh in crowded Brussels.

PS : How do you upload a picture? Insert the URL of your photo is working? Good luck to all of you!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Burner/Desktop/IMG20160622075715.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Latest software in my market is 56.00.513.

You can check your version by,

Rotate the Commander Button clockwise to highlight the Settings icon, tap the commander button.
Nudge the Commander Button to the right until the System item is highlighted on the top menu bar, tap the commander button. Then rotate the Commander Button clockwise until the ‘About’ menu item is highlighted, tap the commander button.

It will tell you your Music software & CMU software versions.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Latest software in my market is 56.00.513.

You can check your version by,

Rotate the Commander Button clockwise to highlight the Settings icon, tap the commander button.
Nudge the Commander Button to the right until the System item is highlighted on the top menu bar, tap the commander button. Then rotate the Commander Button clockwise until the ‘About’ menu item is highlighted, tap the commander button.

It will tell you your Music software & CMU software versions.
Thanks, I will do that and check this with my dealer. Your help is much appreciated.