Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2014 Mazda3 Speaker Distortion and Flakey Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Default 2014 Mazda3 Speaker Distortion and Flakey Bluetooth?

Hi all,

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed what appears to be either distortion or, perhaps, static from their front speakers? I have an iGT, and while it could be a poor Bluetooth implementation (or my iPhone 5), I feel like I hear a slight distortion from the front speakers, mainly the left (which could just be because I'm closer to it ). Seems to be in the highs, though, which is why I sometimes can't tell if what I'm hearing is distortion or static.

I'm gonna plug my iPhone directly in via USB and see if that rules out a crappy Bluetooth implementation (either with the car or with my phone); however, I will say that I get a lot of random, millisecond-long drop-outs when streaming Pandora that I don't experience when streaming via Bluetooth to my home Denon receiver, even with 5 full bars of reception.

What really freaked me out was hearing a LOT of distortion/static, with one particular track (just piano, actually) streamed from my rdio app to my 3. If I plug a set of headphones into my iPhone 5 and listen to the same track, or stream it to my home receiver, there's zero distortion or static. The worst part is, it's 100% reproducible, so I'll probably take it to the dealer with my $300 headphones.

But seriously, this kind of stuff just shouldn't be, assuming it's not all in my head (or ears?). I've been told I have really good ears, speaking of which, and that I can apparently pick out crazy stuff that most others don't hear, but I thought I'd ask. Anyone?

Old 10-31-2013, 09:33 PM

I got the same problem, but with FM radio. It is really odd.

Seem like the sound goes down or get muffed up by some base, it happens all the time. It might do the same with bluetooth but I did not have time to use it a lot since I got the car.

I am thinking of bringing it to the dealership.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:54 AM

I have heard a very faint bit of static sometimes between songs using Bluetooth. Completely gone when I plug the iPhone directly in with USB though.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:49 PM

Hi everyone. I just bought a 2014 Mazda 3 I 5-door touring. I've switched over from Honda. I'm happy with the car although the radio is horrible. While listening to the radio, I noticed that the treble fades in and out. I have to go back to the dealer to pick up my plates. When I do, I will ask them about the radio.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:25 AM

Hi There Koneill

I have the exact same problem (Mazda 3 2015)
Distortion on high frequencies mostly when playing instruments like piano or guitars.
It's freaking me out since i went to all kinds of places and non of them knows how to deal with the problem.
Please tell me if you somehow solved this problem?
I'm helpless and frustrated
I hope to hear back from you soon and give me hope for a solution
Thanks
Amir

Old 02-28-2020, 12:13 PM

Bluetooth has to be one of the great failures of modern technology. I say this from experience with helmet to helmet bluetooth communications on motorcycles. Even rider to passenger can be sketchy. Setting them up (they call it "pairing") can be a nightmare. CB worked better than bluetooth, and over a FAR greater distance. Hell, two tin cans and a string wasn't that much worse.