Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2016 Mazda3 Faulty Touch Screens

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 12:11 PM
Default 2016 Mazda3 Faulty Touch Screens

I bought a used 2016 Mazda3 and soon found the touch screen to be glitchy. After a while it got worse to the point that, while driving, it would appear to have a life of its own. It would begin jumping from different screens, start dialing phone numbers, beeping all the while between random activities. I researched and found out there was a new extended warranty issued by Mazda (SSPB6 in Canada) for this and other model years. I took it into a dealership and they confirmed my car had the behavior that was covered so I got put in the queue to wait for the arrival of the replacement screens. Is anyone else out there in the same boat - waiting and waiting for the new screen to arrive at the dealership? I have owned Mazda's for many years, but I have to say this problem is really souring me on this brand. This touch screen is totally possessed and it's really a safety hazard as you try and switch off the display while driving to stop it dialing 911 or whatever else it feels like doing. It's recent hobby is to spontaneous try and launch Stitcher, whatever that is, and eventually fail.

I'm curious. Does a touch screen eventually degrade over time, or do you think the owner who bought the car new experienced the problem too? It really is making driving this car a misery. I would be happy with no Infotainment system at all and just have a nice cradle built into the dash for my phone. What else do you need? Instead my car tries to launch something called Stitcher that will likely be gone in a year or two. The car is fun to drive besides this, except the gas tank seems smaller than my 2012 Mazda3 that my son totaled. I have to go to the gas station way too often.

If you are experiencing the touch screen problem please respond! Thanks.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:44 PM

I haven’t had touch screen issues, but recently experienced a cracked screen around the corners after the temperatures dropped. It looks awful, can’t even read anything, I’m calling Mazda and asking them if they can fix, hopefully no cost.