Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Airbag Indicator Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Default Airbag Indicator Light

Dear Friends,

I'm new to this forum and just bought a used Mazda Axela, 2005 model, manual transmission, sedan

I've suddenly noticed that airbag light is ON and couldn't figure out why. The light was not blinking or flashing or making any noises/alarms but it kept ON continuously

I don't have the user manual with me to check whether it has some information regarding this

After few hours (8 or 9 hours) the light went OFF and it didn't come back yet.

Can someone please help me to identify what has gone wrong in my SRS/Airbag ?

Another thing is I took the car to an average repair shop and the mechanic couldn't find the socket/interface to plug the scanner unit

He checked the area under the steering wheel but couldn't find it.

Can some one please tell me where this is located ?

Appreciate your help in this

Cheers,

Nuwan

Old 09-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Was it the airbag light in the cluster or the one on the center console next to the lighter socket?

The OBDII port is located on the top part of the little pocket to the left of the steering wheel.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 AM

I have had the airbag light come on for a short while, then shut off, but it has never done it again so I have ignored it. This was quite some time ago.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:07 PM

Thanks for your replies, its the light on the cluster and my car doesnt have an air bag indicator light next to lighter socket (probably because its the JDM version)

I will check tomorrow for the OBDII socket, not sure whether it'll be on the left or right of the steering wheel because mine is a right hand drive car and probably yours is left hand drive?

Old 09-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Ah, yes, LHD. I'm not sure if they move the OBDII to the right or if they just leave it in the LHD configuration on RHD cars.