Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Automatic headlight dimming

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 02:34 AM
Default Automatic headlight dimming

Hello, I have my headlights set to automatic, so that they dim when another vehicle is approaching at night-time. It seems to be working, but when the headlights dim the blue 'high beam' indicator light on the dashboard stays on. Is this normal? In other cars I've driven the highbeam indicator light goes off when the headlights dim so that you know they have dimmed. Thank you

Old 03-19-2024, 02:41 PM

Yes it's a bit confusing as they use the same blue dash light light to show that the adaptive lights are in operation. Basically it's still on the high power main beam but they are directed downwards and to the sides (I think) .
Caught me out a the first few times as I thought I was on main beam and blinding the other drivers so was pulling the stalk to turn off the main beam but was just flashing my lights instead.

What they should have done was to include another dash light of a different colour to differentiate between normal long distance high beam and the redirected high beam,