Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Automatic or Manual Option?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Default RE: Automatic or Manual Option?

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

automatic is gay.. that is all
Come on Down to the Drag Strip Jaimie, and my Gay F-150Automatic will eat you up [8D]
Truthfully I think my F350 with the automatic could also

Old 01-08-2009, 08:04 PM

*goes and hides in a corner* hmm trucks are meant to be automatics. yea you will own my *** for sure with that truck. but youve spent money on it. i may have you off the line butt after like 5 seconds later there goes an f-150. my buddy drives a 97 chevy silverado 1500 single cab and its a 5 spd. omg thats a harsh standard. its soo hard to drive cuz your foot starts hurting lol

Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 AM

NO Jaimie, it would have you off the line also
Remember, I too do grive a MZ3 with a stick, M F150 would get you, now the 10,300 pound F350 you would get off the line, but it takes a second for the Diesels Turbo to spool up

Old 01-09-2009, 02:36 PM

dont make me cry ken pleease :P. but you know that i love the look of your truck. its the exact same truck as my neighbours. i always loved that look of those truck with the widened rear fender *isnt it called a flareside or somethign?* anyway you and your wife go head toh head mazda3 vs ford f-150 :P

Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Well, at least he didn"t ask if it was a Step Side, Ken. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] [sm=love.gif]

Old 01-09-2009, 02:47 PM

you asked if it was a stepside didnt you rich

Old 01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Either way, he"ll burn your ***, Jaimie. Power and torque is power and torque, no matter what vehicle it"s in.
Of course he"ll make twice as many trips to the gas pump doing it too.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Lev

I have an automatic, and i never had any grunts about it. When i got the car i lived in miami where there is a lot of traffic, and stick would be a pain in the butt. I also didn't know how to drive stick at that time.

I use to only drive the car in manual mode, but then i found out that i drove more wild. I would be weeving in and out of traffic. I would consume more gas because i would stay in 2nd or 3rd gear most of the time. I drive in automatic and my driving habbits have settled down some what. I actually got two tickets yesterday[:@], one for aggressive lane change, and going 87 in a 65. I was going about 95-100 before he clocked me.

Recently i had a flat and was driving my brother's car around. He has a stick. I was nervous at first driving in traffic, but then i got the hang of it. I got use to the stick and enjoyed it very much. When i started driving my car i kept reaching reaching for the clutch to start the car, and i would put the car in neutral at a stop.

I don't know what my next mazda 3 will be. I love stick, but sometimes you get lazy or stuck in traffic and wished you had automatic. I know when you drive stick for a long time it becomes automatic. Anyway, you have a great mazda 3 that's all that matters.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:32 PM

Since the truck is basically twice the HP and Torqueof your MZ3 and only 1400 pounds heavier, I seriously don't think it would matter Jaimie. Richard it has a 25 gallon tank and gets between 20-22 on the open road, so I don't have to stop anymore with the truck ( Actually it can go a little farther than the 3 normally does on a tank), I just have to pay twice as much [8D]

Old 01-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

I was speaking metaphorically about the difference in fuel mileage. It"s a known fact, that you are also aware of I"m sure, that more horsepower = less fuel mileage.
More air, more fuel.More fuel, fewer mpg.
Besides, if you were racing the truck against anything/anyone, you are not likely toachieve 20-22mpg under those circumstances.

Quick Reply: Automatic or Manual Option?