Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Automatic or Manual Option?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Default RE: Automatic or Manual Option?

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

k this has been frustrating me all day. YOU NEED TO REALIZE that standard is for anyone who wishes to drive a standard i swear to god. paddleshifting can be better BUT IM NOT IN A FORMULA 1 CAR BUDDY. i am driving a mazda3 not a mclaren f-1. you need to realize that. and show us where it says that your model only comes in automatic. dont test our intelligence. we k now they all come in auto or manual transmission. you are just not understanding our points. you are the weakest link goodbye!

That weakest link sentence just made it to my signature for all of time. Flippin brilliant!

Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 PM

ahahaha i figure youd like it. im just fed up this person who think that this car should be done in an automatic and nothing else cuz standard is for racing. paddle shifting isnt shifting. well for say the f-1 racers but i am not driving an f-1 racer im driving a practical road car and standard is my love. ask all people on this forum (the one's who have an automatic) if they could they would go to a standard in a heartbeat. its bad when your in traffic but its soo much fun in a standard when you just drive. its just exhilliarating

Old 01-11-2009, 07:01 PM

Ok, so some like standard, while others like auto.
I like them both, they have their distinct advantages, and disadvantages.
The older I get, the less standard appeals too me.
Now, I read somwhere in this thread that with a standard, you get better mileage.
I would say that depends on the vehicle.
Case in point.
In 2000, I bought a 1998 Dakota pickup.
It had a standard trans, and 6cyl engine.
The gas mileage was horrible.
For the two years I had it, I kept it tuned, and the tires were new when I bought it so, those are two steps to guaranteeing fairly good mileage.
Not so with this pickup.
When I bought it, it had 40,000 miles on it.
On trips to Las Vegas from Los Angeles, I would fill it up here in LA, and by the time I reached stateline it would be just above empty.
When I traded it in for my Dakota R/T in august of 2002, I had a big surprise.
This R/T with it's 5.9 V8 automatic, does much. much better on gas than that stupid 6cylinder stick shift ever did.
The same trip to Las Vegas, and when I reach stateline, I have just under a half tank left in the R/T.
Being a v8, and extremely quick, I tend too really boot it on the freeway, and still it gets decent mileage, compared to the six cylinder Dakota.
As for my "3", the mileage is great.
I adverage 29 mpg around town, and the best I can calculate on the freeway is 32 mpg.
As for standard verses auto, I would have to say, that is a personal choice.
Someone in this thread stated standard is way ahead of auto.
Again, that is in the eyes of the beholder.
You will never convience a person who likes the opposite to say with all honesty that the other is better..
Let's just leave it at that.
Standard or auto, they are both great but, it all depends on one's preference.
Bob.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:13 PM

and thats all fine bob. im not saying that. if you like the standard thats fine, but when you have someone that is saying that basically everyone should either drive a paddle shifter or an automatic i sit there and think wth. everyone is entitled to the opinion and saying that now the paddle shifters are now gonna take over 5 spds. yeeeeeeeea no that would be the dumbest thing ever. bah im done with this topic soon lol

Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 AM

You make a good point in the whole its whatever the buyer wants but your comparison is something i have to point out. First its a 98 v6, any 90's vehicle that wasent a straight econobox i.e any honda is not goin to get that grate of gas milage, second is ur pickup had 40k miles on it whos knows what the previous driver has done to it or even the person before him, yea tune-ups would be great help in providing better gm but still there could be problems that cannot be seen unless you tear apart the motor that could hinder gm. Im not sure how much being above sea level could also be a factor. If you REALLY want to get into it there are alot factors to consider and theroies and stats that you can and cant use, the fact is this standard ALWAYS got a higher rating in mpg (as long as the gears were the same). But like the good old days there are ppl thread jacking completly throwing off what the org question was so im not goin to refer to my previous post into this one. Oh just in case anybody forgot *ahem* IF I HAD THE CHANCE I WOULD HAVE STARTED WITH STANDARD TRANS, OR TRADE THIS TRANS FPR ONE AND DO ALL THE WORK TO CONVERT IT, THEN I WOULD **** ALL OVER MY OLD TRANS AND LIGHT IT ON FIRE THEN THROW IT @ SOME OVERPRICED MUSTANG"

Old 01-12-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote"Oh just in case anybody forgot *ahem* IF I HAD THE CHANCE I WOULD HAVE STARTED WITH STANDARD TRANS, OR TRADE THIS TRANS FPR ONE AND DO ALL THE WORK TO CONVERT IT, THEN I WOULD **** ALL OVER MY OLD TRANS AND LIGHT IT ON FIRE THEN THROW IT @ SOME OVERPRICED MUSTANG"Quote LOLLLLLLLL ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. i like that travis. see we got the first person who wishes they bought a standard. ohh wow that was a perfect way to end such a brutal conversation lmao

Old 01-12-2009, 12:28 AM

*takes a bow* after driving my friends crx 5spd i gave him my keys and told him to not get into any real trouble and drove away, sadly i forgot he knew when i lived.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:09 AM

ahahahahahahahahaha are you serious. you stole your buddies car?! hmmm well does that go to show you that the gaytronic sucks and standard is better. if that right there isnt then i dunno what could be

Old 01-12-2009, 02:16 AM

I would definitely trade off this tiptronic for a stick in a heartbeat. Hell, that's why I'm in the process of selling this thing for an 07 Speed3. Only 9,827 miles and it's going for $17,500. Black Mica with black interior. Absolutely B.E.A.utiful!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 AM
VB

ORIGINAL: MAZE3
But when I see people that buy an 18K$ car and add 5K$+ of preformance parts I laugh because its like putting lipstick on a pig . So thats my opinion - and I retract my statment that may or may not have offended anybody that was branded a "clown" I just disagree with "building-up" a car instead of just buying it built the way you want it and the way it was INTENDED to be operated.
By that logic, my body's the way it is naturally. So, the weight-lifting I do to improve my strength (i.e. the HP/TQ) is ridiculous to you? You're an idiot.

And also consider this: I'm close with a guy who bought a 2006 Evo IX MR SE brand new - a near-supercar in its stock form. We've recently finished adding all of the performance parts, and the grand total is somewhere around 60K (including the base price). Is that ridiculous to you too? Behind the wheel of that Evo, I can outperform just about any of your "factory made supercars." Take your rich man's cars and shove 'em. If you don't put anything into your car (it doesn't have to be performance parts), it ain't yours.

Quick Reply: Automatic or Manual Option?