Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Auxillary audio inputs & Ipod integration options

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default Auxillary audio inputs & Ipod integration options

Check HERE for a full list of options. I try to keep it as up to date as possible.

Can someone sticky this btw?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Auxillary audio inputs & Ipod integration options

I just found out about a brand new ipod integration method from integration solutions which will actually display text information on the HU LCD. There are two models available. One gives you ipod plus an auxiliary input for another device, and the other gives you ipod plus an XM receiver which will run through the HU. All of this information has been added to the link above so please check it out. Also they're offering a group buy price of $150 for the ipod/aux, and $199 for the ipod/XM until July 2nd.

Also can someone please sticky this as ipod questions tend to come up frequently.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 PM

there ya go. post is now stickied to the top. people do ask about this alot, figured it was a good idea!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks man!

I would post all the info here but it's so much easier to just upkeep one thread on one forum and link everyone to that one.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:42 PM

I'm really interested in this ipod integration you speak of. When I clicked on the link above your message it says there's a problem loading that page. Where can I get the info on this? Thanks.
-D

Old 06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: thedoctorsdead

I'm really interested in this ipod integration you speak of. When I clicked on the link above your message it says there's a problem loading that page. Where can I get the info on this? Thanks.
-D
Hmmmm, the link still works fine for me. Go to www.mazda3forums.com and scroll down to the visual/audio section. One of the subforums is "Electronic Discussion" and one of the subforums there is "Technical Information, FAQ's, How To's, Installations". Click on that last one and it will take you to where my audio input thread is stickied.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:52 PM

Just purchased the iPod integration kit from my dealer for my '06. It costs about$147.00 + tax. Waiting til next Saturday to have it installed.

To sum it up into a neatly packed nutshell, dealer tells me it is a part listed for both the '07 - Mazda 3 & CX9. He tells me that it will install cleanly into the '06 and that they have done a few installs already this summer. Also states, the info will pop up on the HU display and that I will be able to use the stereo controls and steering wheel controls. I do not have theSirius installed so I'm not sure if there is any way around hooking up the iPod with Sirius.

Basically, the kit I have on hand is for the '07 models, has a cableto plug intothe Aux input of the stock system, which runs to a small metal box (about 3" x3"), from the box another cable runs into the iPod. It looks like mounting of the kit presides in the back of the pass. storage compartment (glove box).

I'm sure many here may have done this, just thought I'd post my simple interpretation!!

Old 07-15-2007, 06:01 PM

Argh!! I was trying to edit my last post but the page keeps kicking me off when I do, so I'll post a seperate reply-

I was also going to mention, since I purchased the kit from my dealer and having them install it, the warranty remains intact should something go on the fritz. Also the kit is covered by the remainder of my warranty as well. Though I'm not sure if this is the case at all Mazda warranties, or just a few good dealerships. Anyone know the answer??? - Thx!!

Old 07-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Edge, unless there have been some changes to the OEM ipod adapter it WILL NOT display anything on the HU LCD. Currently the only method that will is the AXXESS method.

Also the OEM ipod adapter is not compatible with the OEM sirius. There is an available switchbox adapter that will allow you to plug in the console mounted aux. input (standard on ยด07 models) and one of: ipod adapter, sirius, phatbox. The problem is that both the sirius and the ipod adapter use the same input on the HU. The AXXESS is compatible with the OEM sirius because it utilizes the TAPE/MD input on the bottom of the HU instead of input on the back.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:34 PM

Interesting, the dealer has some 'splaining to do then!! As long as I still get control through the OEM system hopefully. I'm still skeptical till it's installed. Will report after the weekend what works and doesn't.

Quick Reply: Auxillary audio inputs & Ipod integration options