Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Backing up Nav SD card

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Default Backing up Nav SD card

I just purchased a 2019 Mazda 3 . Afterwards I purchased the navigation card. I read that you should make a copy of the nav card before you use Mazda Toolbox to upgrade the card. What size SD card do you need for the back-up copy? I contacted Mazda Customer Service and they haven't a clue.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:47 PM

I backed up my SD Card to a directory on my computer. I didn't think to back it up to an SD Card. I guess you could put the SD card in the computer and check properties. That should tell you the size of the card.

On another note. I purchased a 2019 Mazda3 Preferred and the Navigation separately. I struggled to get 3 years of SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link but was ultimately successful.

I found the following on a Sirius website: (https: // siriusxmdealer.com / mazda /)

Trial Information

All NEW Mazda vehicles equipped with satellite radio will receive a 3-month trial subscription to our best package, SiriusXM All Access. Customers get access to the widest variety of entertainment anywhere with over 150 amazing SiriusXM channels to explore - in and out of their vehicle.

All vehicles equipped with navigation will also receive 3 years of SiriusXM Traffic Plus and SiriusXM Travel Link services. All certified pre-owned and eligible pre-owned satellite radio-equipped vehicles will receive a 3-month trial subscription to the All Access audio package.

I called the dealer who knew nothing about it. I called Mazda Customer service who knew nothing about it and they called the dealer who again knew nothing about it. I called the number on the Sirius Travel Link Screen who knew nothing about it. I called them back a second time and simply said I wanted to activate it and they said they could give me 2 years free. I thanked them and told them of my frustration and the Sirius website saying I could get 3 years free and they gave me 3 years free.

It may be worth a try. Having traffic and weather reports is worth having, however, I am not sure it is worth the $6.00 a month they charge.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:36 PM

Did they give you Traffic Plus or Travel Link? I just want the Traffic Plus and Sirius tells me that the Sirius radio in my 2019 Mazda 3 Premium cannot use it.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:43 PM

I got both. I read the statement from their website and asked them to give it a try.

You can can add that you know people who were able to have it activated for 3 years without charge.