Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Bluetooth Handsfree Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Default Bluetooth Handsfree Problem

2010 Mazda 3

I have been using the Bluetooth handsfree with my Blackberry for the last two weeks with no problem. Today a call came in and I tried to answer it but the system hung somehow and would not answer and would not hang up, it stayed in the phone active mode and would not respond to the hang-up button or break the connection.

I turned the phone off, turned the car off, but when I turned the phone and car back on it reconnects and goes immediatly to the phone active again.

I ultimately deleted the connection on both the Mazda and on the Blackberry, but when I re-pair as soon as it makes the connection it goes back into the phone active mode and won't hang up. Is there a way to reset the Mazda Bluetooth?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM

I'm not aware of a reset for the BT. I think I would find a friend with another BT phone and pair it, see if it behaves the same and that will tell you if it is the car or the Blackberry. You could always disconnect the car battery to reset the system, but of course you will lose all your radio settings and presets which is a pain.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:29 AM

I found the problem was the phone. After a bunch of Internet research I found there is a known memory leak problem which sometimes causes the phone to screw up it's Bluetooth operations including it won't hang up. Like Microsquash, the cure is to reboot, done by pulling the battery. That fixed the problem. I found there is an app that will soft-boot the phone once a day on a selected schedule to keep the problem from recurring so am trying that out as well.

Thanks - Greg