Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Bose 7 speaker location

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Default Bose 7 speaker location

Hi all,

I just got my new Mazda 3 s grand touring, fully loaded ( with bose, leather seats, Nav, , 17 inch alloy, spoiler......at least that's what I think would be fully loaded:-) ) Love the car, hate the non mp3 compatibility. I was really hoping that there was a MP3 player there so I could have both the Ipod hooked up and also have the mp3 in dash.

Also, I am very confused as to where all the Bose speakers are located, I see only 4 of them on all 4 doors and I read somewhere that there is one under passenger seat. There is something there under my passenger seat but it sure doesn't look like a sub or a speaker. I don't know may be I am being dumb or something.

I would really appreciate if some one could help me locate all the 7 speakers and provide options for the mp3 - compatibility on the dash without paying $500 for the mp3 compatibility console.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Bose 7 speaker location

There's one speaker in each door, a tweeter on each front door, a sub under the passenger seat, and an amp under the driver's seat.

If you want to stay with the stock deck and be able to play Mp3 CD's then your only option is to buy the Mp3 deck from Mazda. I believe it goes for around $430 but it's been awhile since I looked.

Otherwise you could get one of the multiple ipod integration methods which will charge your ipod and allow you to control it from the stereo controls (and by extension the steering wheel controls). There's one method that will display ID3 tag info on the HU LCD, however it does not work (currently) with the Clarion HU in most 2007 models.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 PM

Thanks buddy.. I appriciate you quick responce...

Old 07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

We try.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:06 PM

So ICSPOTS -- if you had it to do all over again, how would you play it (weak pun intended).

You are walking into a friendly Mazda dealer finally ready to purchase a MS3 GT. You are an Ipod devotee. Not really into satellite radio, but wouldn't mind being able to add that option somewhere down the road. Making the neighbors aware that you are coming up the street isn't an objective -- you just want high quality sound within the car. Money -- well, you will spend a $1,000, maybe a bit more, to upgrade the sound system if necessary. You don't have a bluetooth phone today, but who knows what you'll end up with this time next year when your Sprint contract runs its course.

By the way, you are itching to go an buy that MS3 within the next couple of weeks.

Bad Daddy P
mt6pak@gmail.com

Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

What I'd actually like to do is put a carputer system into my car. The sound from the stereo (while not the best) really isn't that bad. The carputer would play Mp3's, have BT integration for my phone, navigation if I wanted to add it, also you can do SAT radio with most carputer software packages.

However if I were buying again I would get them to add the price of the Mp3 changer into the sale price of my car so that I could finance the extra $400+ instead of paying it out of pocket.