Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Can I tow a Jetski with My Mazda3 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Can I tow a Jetski with My Mazda3 2.0

ORIGINAL: Lupae3s
haha. burn! ...take it easy gents.

eastcoaster: just dont pull more than you can...well, pull. dont try and accelerate too hard, give yourself plenty of space for braking, and take turns gently. im sure if youre just pulling a small trailer with a jetski on it, you shouldnt have problems. ..just take it easy.

Yes. That isgood advice and what I discovered too.That trailer you see on the back of my car, whichwas about half full of furniture and other momentos,was a bit much for the car imo, but it went nearly 1600 miles there. I got +/-15-16mpg on that trip.

As far as the other situation that I did not ask for goes, again good advice. This is a forum. I joke and call 'em like I see 'em, but mostly it's supposed to be fun and interaction w/ppl you talk to (nearly) every day.
Thanks Lupae!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
PAC

I have foundwhen towing with vehicles not really meant for towing it usually feels that there is plenty of power pulling the load around - there just isn't enough cooling capacity. Keep an eye on the temp. gauge - especially going uphill.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:16 AM

Thanks all
Let’s not get all in a tizzy! if Draconiuswants to make usless comments, it just makes him look like a ***. Really ifthis forum upsets u with questions on "ugly mods, and stupid crap" thengo to ebay and shop... dump ***

to everyone else thanks... Ihave aguy at work that will give me a good deal on his wave-runner and I have never seen a Mazda 3 pulling one around here. Living in Florida there are plenty of water sports to do.
I think I will go with the draw-tite for about a $130. seems like a good deal.

later

Old 06-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

EC,
Thanks for the support, and I agree.
If you are planning to install the DrawTite, also consider installingtheir Modulite controller. Basically is uses the taillight activity to do the switching, but draws trailer power directly from the battery thereby saving any additional load on your car's electrical system.
Here's a link so you can decide for yourself.
http://www.drawtite.com/modulite1.html

Old 06-13-2007, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: eastcoaster

Thanks all
Let’s not get all in a tizzy! if Draconiuswants to make usless comments, it just makes him look like a ***. Really ifthis forum upsets u with questions on "ugly mods, and stupid crap" thengo to ebay and shop... dump ***
I tried forcing myself into not responding to this but alas...I must

What the hell does eBay have to do with anything? Besides, that is where all the ugly mods, stupid crap, gay **** that idiots buy and put on their cars.

OT: Hope the trailer hitch works for you. Pretty much any car can have a hitch put on the back with load weights that you can carry as a human.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 AM

What the? r u talking about???????
Human loads, I'm not smuggling Mexicans into the county LOL

What ebay has to do with it is, I thoughtmight as well go shopping for new pante's since this site seems to get you so upset.

By the way! I'm going to ebay right now and buying a big *** spoiler (3 decker) and some orange glow for the interior and undercarriage.. that will be cool...

eastcoaster

Old 06-14-2007, 09:21 AM

Here is something to think about as you are towing your jetski to the slip.

You back it into the water which you are going to be putting a good bit of your car in the water and you have now submerged your exhaust in the water and hopefully your front tires will still have traction. Do you think you are going to be able to drive right out?

You have to put more of a vehicle in the water than you think to launch a vehicle into the water. I have seen more people get stuck in vans and cars because they think they can launch. Their cars are just too low to drive out of the launch slip.

Good luck though.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 PM

This is my last word on the subject. I’m sure u will have more.

But lets look at your constructive quote on “my towing a jet ski” here it is.

Eh...slap one on and find out.
I think I learned trial and error in 3rd grade....

That was very constructive. I need real answers not your mouth AH

Old 06-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

\Actually EC, in his last post, he does have a point about how far into the water you may have to drive. I don't do boating so it didn't even occur to me, but the rear wheels are often partially submerged. In salt water, you could be asking for some trouble in the rusting and bearing area. You may have to re-grease the rear bearings much more often, but I don't know what other affect the car may suffer from it.
Plus,backing down the ramp will be much easier than trying to drive out of it forward w/a trailer behind you. Granted, a jet-ski and it's trailer can't weight all that much, but it is something to consider.
Hard to say w/o trying it.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: eastcoaster

This is my last word on the subject. I’m sure u will have more.

But lets look at your constructive quote on “my towing a jet ski” here it is.

Eh...slap one on and find out.
I think I learned trial and error in 3rd grade....

That was very constructive. I need real answers not your mouth AH
Did you not read my last post? That was constructive.

ORIGINAL: virgin1

\Actually EC, in his last post, he does have a point about how far into the water you may have to drive. I don't do boating so it didn't even occur to me, but the rear wheels are often partially submerged. In salt water, you could be asking for some trouble in the rusting and bearing area. You may have to re-grease the rear bearings much more often, but I don't know what other affect the car may suffer from it.
Plus,backing down the ramp will be much easier than trying to drive out of it forward w/a trailer behind you. Granted, a jet-ski and it's trailer can't weight all that much, but it is something to consider.
Hard to say w/o trying it.

See...we do agree

More than just the water corroding your parts, the main problem is traction. Boat ramps usually aren't terribly graded but they are wet and slippery. You have another few hundred pounds weighing down the back end of a car that is front wheel drive. You are taking weight from the front and putting it to the back...loosing traction.

Quick Reply: Can I tow a Jetski with My Mazda3 2.0