Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

cd player skip?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Default cd player skip?

ok so im driving home in my car the other day with a cd in the cd player and im listing to it. now being that i live in toronto and the state of the roads are horrible because of the amount of salt on the roads this year...there is an insane amount of bumps..so im listening and my cd player continues to skip as i hit the bumps..now my cdplayer in my other car doesnt do this when i go over the same bumps...just happens in my 3...is anyone else having this problem? any1 know of a fix?

Old 03-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Default RE: cd player skip?

your player sounds like it is on the fritz...

get it fixed ASAP.

i had the same problem and ignored it for a while. i would just turn my stereo off on bumpy roads. then it started skipping on smooth roads. eventually, the reader just stopped working altogether and the cd changer would spit out perfectly fine cds 'check CD'. i drove my car without tunes for acouple weeks then got it taken care of. the 6-disc changer had to be replaced and was costly.

if your car is under warranty, have the changer checked out asap and fixed.

good luck.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

I just recently started noticing thisin mine, though the roads aren't terrible around here. It only does it when I go over a larger bump or hump.
I'm still in warranty for a coupla' months yet and plan to take the car in before it's over. I have a dead #3 engine mount, and noisy DS window too.... [:@]

Old 03-08-2008, 07:22 PM

i realized this the second i pulled off the lot and went over a small speed bump....i guess its normal. man dam our stereos suck!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:13 PM

well i was thinking about putting a new system in soon anyways but i was hoping to do it last on my list of mods as a maybe thing but i guess now ill have to move it up the list...and no im no longer under warranty...

Old 03-08-2008, 10:24 PM

You might consider getting a kit which allows you to play music directly from your iPod. I have the factory jack in center console, which frankly is disappointing because the sound quality is nowhere near a CD, and you lose much button and display functionality (ie. if you want to skip ahead or back tracks, or pause a song, you have to do it on the player directly). But I know there are kits which produce better sound, and give you button and display functionality.

Given where we are in the technology cycle - CDs are alreadyfading away, more music being solddirectly via the internet than on CDs to 29-and-unders, who arethe biggest music buyers-I wouldn't pay out of pocket to replace a CD player at this point. Warranty, sure, but I wouldn't lay out my coin.