Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Changes to Mazda 3 after moving from Germany to UK

Search this Thread

Old Today | 10:29 AM
|
Default Changes to Mazda 3 after moving from Germany to UK

Hi,
I moved from Germany to the UK and imported my Mazda 3 2019 Diesel. In order to register my car in the UK I had to deregister it in Germany.
After applying for a registration I had a refusal letter saying that I needed an IVA GB Conversion. For this IVA GB Conversion I basically need three things changed:
- The headlight beams need to dip to the left
- The speedometer either needs be changed from kph to mph or kph and mph
- The rear fog lights needs to be in the center, both sides or on the right. In the case of a LHD Mazda 3 2019 it's on the left.
I messaged and called the 2 Mazda dealerships where I live, they said they would call me back but they never did, even not after I called again and asked. Mazda UK confirmed on the phone that all these changes could be made but declined it in a follow-up email afterwards.
Mazda Germany and Europe (which is in Germany as well) let me wait 4 weeks and I had the answer today that the speedometer can't be changed via a software update and a "swap" of the sides of the rear fog lights wouldn't be possible either. They didn't even mention the headlight beams.

Does anyone have experience or information that could help me? I can't register it here at the moment and it's deregistered, so I can't even drive it back to Germany to eventually sell it.

Thank you