Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Cheap Mistake Correction

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Default Cheap Mistake Correction

THE BACKROUND: so awhile back I removed the muffler on the car. I do like the tone, and it's alittle louder than stock, but I want a change.

The thing is, it's not excatly what I was looking for, and the fact that the loss of backpressure is noticeable, which I hate.

THE QUESTION: Is there a cheap muffler/resonator that will tone this down, even if it's clamp on to get by.

The problem is I don't have enough cash right now to do what I want, but I want an inexpensive fix.

Something with a decent tone, that will give me alittle more backpressure.

I know it is kinda redneck, but will a cherrybomb muffler do anything for me, they are relatively cheap, both price and quality, but I need something.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:31 PM

I dont know how you are with beliving there is such a thing as a nice sounding honda, but my friend uses a cherrybomb muffler as a res comboed with a vibrant muffler, its very deep and aggressive, even though im a honda a guy and heard the best and worst this by far took me complete surprise on how good it sounded at idle and WOT. Thats the only cheap fix i know of, a real resonator is not designed for backpressure just sound suppression. Good luck