Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Cleaning carpet

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Default Cleaning carpet

I am new to my mazda3. i just spent appx. 30-45 minutes trying to vaccum the grass clippings and light dirt or sand pebbles out of my car. The material in the flooring does not appear to be a carpet and sure does not turn loose of dirt or grass. I use my 4hp shop vac but still does not remove all of the stuff. Where can I get a good quality carpet to replace what's in there now.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Default RE: Cleaning carpet

A used all weather floor mats. They did a great job of catching any debris that falls off of your shoes.

Not aware of any aftermarket carpet kits for the car to replace the whole carpet.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

I don't have an answer for your carpet question except to say that I use the factory mats and it is still hard to get/keep them clean all the time. The quality could be better. I use an air hose which help loosen things up and blow some of them out. It saves a lot of time w/the vacuum.

This was posted in the wrong part of the forum so I have moved it to the Mazda3 section.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 PM

Virgin1, thanks for moving my post. I see you'r from Manor,Tx. I live appx 50 miles north of you in a little town (1645 pop ) called Little River. my father owned and operated the Temple-Academy dragway from 1957 till last year when it was sold to an investor from Ft.Worth. I got a compressor were my shop vac is and will definately try it.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:56 PM

What are some things you guys have done to keep that little spot for your left foot to rest from wearing out?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

I seem to recall having this conversation w/you before... perhaps not on this forum though, but several months ago. I believe you even posted the website address then.
A Mazda3 is a far cry from a drag car though isn't it?
Yes, I've been living in the greater Austin area since "95 and had heard of that track. 'Even had a vendor (and his brother) that used race there. His first name is Murray and he said they used to run a Nova... I think it was a "74 body, but could be wrong about that.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Simple! My first mod....

Name:  AVTPedals.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  23.1 KB

Old 10-02-2008, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: apbbnbanb_07

What are some things you guys have done to keep that little spot for your left foot to rest from wearing out?
I velcroed a piece of carpet on the left foot rest spot. The velcroedpiece is looking bad now, but I've gotten a year and a half out of it. I intend to put another in its place eventually.

ORIGINAL: Froggman
I am new to my mazda3. i just spent appx. 30-45 minutes trying to vaccum the grass clippings and light dirt or sand pebbles out of my car. The material in the flooring does not appear to be a carpet and sure does not turn loose of dirt or grass. I use my 4hp shop vac but still does not remove all of the stuff. Where can I get a good quality carpet to replace what's in there now.
Re: cleaning the non rug material, try waiting for a sunny, low humidity day. The detritus will be dry, and mayrelease more easily. You could also try looseningthe dirt with a non wire brush prior to vacuuming.

Another idea, use the sticky side of duct tape. Wrap it around your knuckles, sticky side out, and press against the dirt. The duct tape glue will pick up the dirt.