Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Considering upgrade to 2019 model not sure

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 12:31 AM
Default Considering upgrade to 2019 model not sure

Hi guys

Welcome from Chicago. New to the forum.

I currently have ancient 2008 Mazda 3 and was hoping for upgrade to 2019. I was waiting for this car looong time and really like it but I am closer to pulling the trigger on this car but was seriously concern about some of the issues that I read about and gave some doubts so hope to get some good info here and how to deal with these issues.

I realize this is new car so issues are expected but list is quite long and I need something as reliable like my old work horse that had zero issues beside radio.

So far I read about 2019 Mazda 3 is having following problems:

1. key fob not working all the time

2. emergency/security system mulfunctioning and stopping car unexpectedly while nothing up front

3. Airbag warning I guess this is recall

4. Lug nut recall

5. Passanger airbag sensor not working

6. Rocker arm issue

7. Rear view mirror falling

8. Still hear opinions on loud interior on highway speeds

9. Cruise control issues

10. AC not working

I really want to buy this car but I am not 100% convinced.

Please be so kind and share your opinion as I dont want to make the mistake and wonder if maybe I should wait a bit longer till Japan fix most of these issues or something.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by burbur; 12-04-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by burbur
Hi guys

Welcome from Chicago. New to the forum.

I currently have ancient 2008 Mazda 3 and was hoping for upgrade to 2019. I was waiting for this car looong time and really like it but I am closer to pulling the trigger on this car but was seriously concern about some of the issues that I read about and gave some doubts so hope to get some good info here and how to deal with these issues.

I realize this is new car so issues are expected but list is quite long and I need something as reliable like my old work horse that had zero issues beside radio.

So far I read about 2019 Mazda 3 is having following problems:

1. key fob not working all the time

2. emergency/security system mulfunctioning and stopping car unexpectedly while nothing up front

3. Airbag warning I guess this is recall

4. Lug nut recall

5. Passanger airbag sensor not working

6. Rocker arm issue

7. Rear view mirror falling

8. Still hear opinions on loud interior on highway speeds

9. Cruise control issues

10. AC not working

I really want to buy this car but I am not 100% convinced.

Please be so kind and share your opinion as I dont want to make the mistake and wonder if maybe I should wait a bit longer till Japan fix most of these issues or something.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Anyone? 🤣

Old 12-05-2019, 07:14 PM

I have a preferred 2019 AWD sedan. I have 1 and 10.

keyfob needs to be very close. Not a big concern for me.

The climate control is my big issue. The preferred trim has no sunroof and I conclude the climate control is over compensating for the expected heat loss. My solution is to cover the dash vent with a towel. This has stopped me from having a sweating head and cold feet.

the navigation is extremely frustrating. Want to avoid a road ahead, unless it is one of the first few, you can’t scroll down without stopping. Same problem with looking for gas. Have to stop to search.

xm radio is the opposite. You have to scroll from zero to get to the previous station no back button. It does have scan.

my 15 Mazda3 was a fun to drive, problem free car. The 2019 is softer, quieter and far less fun.

I would trade it in on a 2018 in a minute but I want the AWD.