Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Custom side markers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Default Custom side markers.

This is just an idea I had for my side turn signal markers.
I will post pics of them installed when I get around to it in the next week or so,,,,,f-ing snow in april?

Any suggestions or comments welcome.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

I can't quite see what it is you're trying to show there?
I assume you are talking about the turn signal repeaters on the front fenders? But those look awfully big in your hand to be them.
I'm confused.....

Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 PM

It is the side markers on the front fenders. They are taller, of course because theyre round, but the length is the same. I couldnt get the better pics to post, I will when I am able.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

I have always hated those repeaters and am trying to find a way ($$$) to have them removed from my car. That said and imho, anything that makes them stand out more than they already do is a fail.
Sorry, Bud, but that is my opinion.
I DO like and agree with your sig though.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM

I was looking for a "Flying M" that size, but there are none available without paying out the butt for them. And it might look nice without them completely, but something different is better than nothing.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:42 PM

I would venture a guess that not too many "3" owners like those side marker turn signals.
Perhaps it is the size , or shape of them.
Me, I think they are too small.
I might take some time and see if I can design something that looks a whole lot better.
Doesn't have to have the Mazda logo, but I think I can come up with something interesting.
Might take me a while but, I think I will do some sketching tonight, and see what I can come up with.
When I hit on something I like, I will post it for everyone's opinion.
Once a design appears to be a go, the hard part will be fabricating an actual lens.
Bob.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:21 AM

I like them considering it's more visibility to other drivers when I want to move over (since I do drive like a bat out of hell anyway).

But I live in Austin. I could have 10 signal lights on the side of my car and nobody would ever notice... ever. They'd still merge over to me like I don't exist. Meh....

Old 04-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard
I would venture a guess that not too many "3" owners like those side marker turn signals.
Perhaps it is the size , or shape of them.
Me, I think they are too small.
I might take some time and see if I can design something that looks a whole lot better.
Doesn't have to have the Mazda logo, but I think I can come up with something interesting.
Might take me a while but, I think I will do some sketching tonight, and see what I can come up with.
When I hit on something I like, I will post it for everyone's opinion.
Once a design appears to be a go, the hard part will be fabricating an actual lens.
Bob.
Personally, hate the way it breaks up the clean sides of the car.

Originally Posted by knucklehead11
I like them considering it's more visibility to other drivers when I want to move over (since I do drive like a bat out of hell anyway).

But I live in Austin. I could have 10 signal lights on the side of my car and nobody would ever notice... ever. They'd still merge over to me like I don't exist. Meh....
An LED strip in the mirror assem would be even easier to see and keep the sides of the car clean, though believe me when I say that I too like to be seen when I drive... and NOT because I think I drive a cool car either. Face it. Most other drivers don't even notice what you are driving, and couldn't care less.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Default Finished Product

I got'em installed this weekend. Comments, suggestions, and opinions welcome.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:26 PM

interesting idea, a little to bulky for my taste, maybe long distance shots might make it more appealing. im sure someone will like the idea...believe me ive seen ppl try to do "custom" markers only to have them go extremely wrong.

Quick Reply: Custom side markers.