Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Dash Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Default RE: Dash Cleaning

autozone offers alot of wet and dry wipe cloths as well. are they any good? they clean up dust and dirt pretty good in my opinion.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Ahhhh!!!! All you young guys wanna do is spend money!!
Why waste $$$when a plain old, old cotton/poly t-shirt will do nicely???

Old 09-30-2007, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 1funride

Personally I use a damp diaper. No not a disposible; but cloth. They are very soft won't scratch and almost lint free. In fact they work well when you wax your car and use it to buff out the wax.

Okay Okay I can hear the everyone laughing now and I am sure the jokes are coming, but give it a try.
haha that reminded me of ferris bueller for a minute "he doesnt drive the car he just waxes it with a diaper" . but what would be funny i buy a thing of diapers and say a cashier asks how old my kid would be. and i be like i dont have a kid. i just want to wax my car LOL. oh wow that would be so awesome. i think i may just try that though. hehe

Old 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Ahhhh!!!! All you young guys wanna do is spend money!!
Why waste $$$when a plain old, old cotton/poly t-shirt will do nicely???

haha not all of us want to spend money... seeing as i have no money to spend

Old 10-05-2007, 05:07 PM

Doesn't armorall have oil in it that traps the heat in your dash that cracks it? I heard something like that. I hate spending money.... but this car MADE me do it!! I have dumped way too much cashola into it.... *cry*

Old 10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

I'm honestly not sure what makes up Armour-all, butI had heard it to be hydrocarbon based and from my ownexperiences, does a nice job of cracking (old style) dashboards if not applied regularly.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: 1funride
Personally I use a damp diaper. No not a disposible; but cloth. They are very soft won't scratch and almost lint free. In fact they work well when you wax your car and use it to buff out the wax.

Okay Okay I can hear the everyone laughing now and I am sure the jokes are coming, but give it a try.
No joke, Man. That's a very old trick for waxing too. That's VERY good advice
My only question is: With so many disposables out there, where the HELL do you find cotton diapers anymore?

Try PepBoys, Autozone, Kragen, however Target or WalMart may have beter quality and price.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:27 PM

Armor-all leaves silicon behind. over time it builds up and then on a hot or sunny day CRACK all over your boards and i dont mean the good kind. I like to use black magic, but even with that im kinda iffy on. I'd go with a dry black tee shirt to get rid of the dust and since its black, you dont really see the lint it leaves behind

Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM

i use black magic for my dash and all my plastic interior. nice wet shine and it stays like that for weeks. i use a torn piece from an old shirt though to keep the lint off. you should look into it.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:08 PM

Iuse micro-fiber towels that you can but at wally world and at auto parts stores at a higher price. They work wounders at cleaning all places of you'r car. Through em in washer after words and ready for next clean-up or dusting.

Quick Reply: Dash Cleaning