Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Different Horn

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Lev
Default RE: Different Horn

Thanks eastcoaster. i think $11 for a horn is very good. How was the install?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:06 PM

I got me one of them wolf whistle horns funny as hell i go drivin around and set off when im near all the good lookin chicks lol. I don;t need the reg. horn cuz if some does somethin stupid they'll be sure to here me yelling. I also just installed a train horn on my Homeboy's beat up dodge intrepid thing is loud as hell and since his car is so ragged looking cops cant tell where it came from...

Old 10-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: eastcoaster

Fiamm Freeway Blasters low tone

very nice sound, loud and cheap $11.99 at Advance Auto
Make sure u get the low tone.
the stock horn is so weak, people wouldnt even hear it.
get ride of that piece of junk and dont waste your money on all those fancy horns man. I'm tellin ya 11 bucks at Advance
Incidentally the stock horn is a Fiamm high tone. It's not quite as loud as the freeway blasters, but still adding the low tone to the stock would be better than the low tone by itself.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lev

Thanks eastcoaster. i think $11 for a horn is very good. How was the install?
If you have a way to lift the front end up (jackstands, etc.) then it's not that bad. I can get you some pictures from another thread about this.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 04mazdadriver

I got me one of them wolf whistle horns funny as hell i go drivin around and set off when im near all the good lookin chicks lol. I don;t need the reg. horn cuz if some does somethin stupid they'll be sure to here me yelling. I also just installed a train horn on my Homeboy's beat up dodge intrepid thing is loud as hell and since his car is so ragged looking cops cant tell where it came from...

how diffilcult was the install on the air horn? and where did u put it?

Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 PM

haha seee more people want to put train horns on their cars. YAY FOR THE TRAIN HORN

Old 11-01-2007, 09:34 AM

I dont know if I agree with icspots. My horn is loud. install a breeze. You will have to pull down the plastic under the car, about 8 screws. My install was easier because I pulled the cheap plastic "blank offs" off my car where the fog lights would go. So I was able to reach right in apull the horn.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:56 PM

question... the airhorns that are sold.. is it required to have an airtank for them to work properly?

Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: eastcoaster

I dont know if I agree with icspots. My horn is loud. install a breeze. You will have to pull down the plastic under the car, about 8 screws. My install was easier because I pulled the cheap plastic "blank offs" off my car where the fog lights would go. So I was able to reach right in apull the horn.
Is it the need to raise the front of the car up that you don't agree with? When I did mine I had my front tires at the edge of my carport with the nose sticking over the very slight incline down the driveway. It was just enough room for me to squeeze my head under the bumper and one hand up to the horn. Or I could sit facing the car with both hands working on the horn but unable to see. If you have access to ramps or jackstands then it's way easier to just jack the car up so you can see well and get both hands in there.

Since I didn't just replace the stock high tone with the FB low tone I had to do a little more jury rigging. This is what my bracket looked like with both horns in there. The horn farther towards the bottom of the picture is on the stock bracket and the second one is attached to the stock bracket using the bracket it came with. It ended up with both horns fitting in the stock space, it was just a pain in the *** to get the whole thing in there while working by touch. Then I just spliced the two hot wires together and connected them to the stock original wiring.

Also HERE's a clip of the horns. That's with the FB low and the stock high tone. This isn't my car but someone who I was helping out. The recording doesn't really do it justice, but they are loud full sounding horns.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 AM

Icspots; No I meant I dont agree you need the low and high tone. I was just trying to say the low tone is planty of sound if you want to keep it simple. High and low would kick even more ***.

Quick Reply: Different Horn