Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Different Horn

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Different Horn

Well to each his own. Try adding back in your high tone and see how it sounds to you.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

i finally gave into peer pressure and added a Highway Blaster as a second horn to mine. The OEM is a High-Tone FIAMM so I simply added the low-tone equivelent.
I can't say that I am overwhelmed w/the outcome, but it is different. I was expecting more... power as Tim Allen would put it.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

i finally gave into peer pressure and added a Highway Blaster as a second horn to mine. The OEM is a High-Tone FIAMM so I simply added the low-tone equivelent.
I can't say that I am overwhelmed w/the outcome, but it is different. I was expecting more... power as Tim Allen would put it.
HAR HAR HAR. as tim allen would put it. also as tim allen would put it... it will either break or have soemthing done to it. hope you did a bob villa job and not a tim the tool man taylor job hehe.as for me. the horn is fine. i have no problems with it. it does sound kinda gay but what do i care.. in a few years ill have the train horn MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA then people will fear for their lives.. cops will give me tickets right and left. and ill be screwed... but ill enjoy it... oh yess ill enjoy it

Old 11-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

I simply daisy-chained them together. I installed the new horn where the OE horn was and connected the new mounting bracket to that so that the hons themselves are in a staggered pattern.
I have a picture of the install when the ft. bumper was off. When I get home again I'll have to locate it and post it up. It does make access to the fog light a little tougher w/both horns there though.

Oh, yeah. Read it and weep. 1000 posts, Jaime.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:11 AM

DAMMIT. now im over half way there shiiiit

Old 11-03-2007, 09:38 AM

and im more than half there from you jaimie lol.. and once againnnn.. can an air horn be installed without the need of an airtank??

Old 11-03-2007, 10:40 AM

oh well speedy soon you wont be i promise . i would assuemj that you would need a compresser for the airhorn... otherwise how would it work?

Old 11-03-2007, 12:05 PM

wel this is the horm i'm interested in. can anyone explain to me if there will be anything extra needed?

http://www.hornblasters.com/products....php?item=PSY2

Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

wel this is the horm i'm interested in. can anyone explain to me if there will be anything extra needed?

http://www.hornblasters.com/products....php?item=PSY2
Well it comes with a little compressor, and a relay for wiring it up. I imagine that it has a wiring harness to go with the relay, but if it doesn't then you'll just need some wire to connect the terminals on the relay (power, ground, device, signal) and then figure out where you want to mount it.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:36 PM

OK i just called hornblasters and they said that the wiring harness comes with it. so, im good?

Quick Reply: Different Horn