Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Different Horn

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Different Horn

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3
and once againnnn.. can an air horn be installed without the need of an airtank??

Well, it's REEAAALLLYYYYniceto be back and on my own computer, but by the by the same token I really hate to break that 1000 post mark I'm at.
That said, and to answer your question SPeeDy, yes air horns can be installed w/o a supplementary air tank. That's how the ones on my Volvo were so many years ago now. However, when you hit the button you have to wait for the air compressor to spool up and therefore there is a slight delay from the trumpets.

Post 1001, Jaime. Read it and weep!!

Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM

DAMMIT 1001. im at like 530 soo im like more then halfway. STOP POSTING lol. but at the same time its good that your back to talk to you some more . im sooo close to getting on that top 10 posts

Old 11-06-2007, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

and once againnnn.. can an air horn be installed without the need of an airtank??

Well, it's REEAAALLLYYYYniceto be back and on my own computer, but by the by the same token I really hate to break that 1000 post mark I'm at.
That said, and to answer your question SPeeDy, yes air horns can be installed w/o a supplementary air tank. That's how the ones on my Volvo were so many years ago now. However, when to hit to button you have to wait for the air compressor to spool up and therefore there is a slight delay from the trumpets.

Post 1001, Jaime. Read it and weep!!

thanks for the info. i dont mind the delay. as long as i can scare somebody with loud *** horn! lol

one more thing.. the forum kinda dies down when virgin is away. so glad to have you back

Old 11-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

... one more thing.. the forum kinda dies down when virgin is away. so glad to have you back

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3
...but at the same time its good that your back to talk to you some more . im sooo close to getting on that top 10 posts

Awwww!Well isn't that nice. Thank you guys.
I did think the forum had slowed down too, but I have over 380 e-mail notifications in my inbox now that I'm home... and over 100 when I was answering you from my step-daughter's house that one day. 'Course a lot of them are duplicates from the same threads too, but if I answer all of them (fat chance) you'll have a lot more catching up to do Jaime.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:14 AM

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. hahahaha. well if i get onto the top 10 posters ill be happy. yeaaa your owning me totally though. gotta get my first oil change done today

Old 11-07-2007, 06:19 AM

by the way richard what are you doing up at 7:19 AM or whatever time it is in texas THE LONE STAR STATE ( i have always liked texas and that includes the rap that comes from it) baha

Old 11-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Are we thread-jacking/post-whoring again? Remember, "D" is watching......

Probably 6:19 AM (CST)when you replied. I get up for work @ 3:20 AM most days, though I'm off through tomorrow.
My new wheels and tires should be here today or tomorrow too. (YEA!!!!) I'll have time to install them... and it's only 54* F here now too. That's what it was during the warmest part of the day on Pa. and the sun is not even shining here yet. 70-80* today, I'm sure.
God, I LOVE being home again. Traveling sucks, but... nah, traveling SUCKS!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:52 AM

if i purchase an aftermarket horn will it affect my warranty at all if i end up having something go wrong witht he motor/intake system?

Old 11-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

In a word, no.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: npoll212

if i purchase an aftermarket horn will it affect my warranty at all if i end up having something go wrong witht he motor/intake system?
how about any electrical warranty?

Quick Reply: Different Horn