Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Different Horn

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Different Horn

In another word,yes, but only if that circuit/horn is involved or caused the problem.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: npoll212

if i purchase an aftermarket horn will it affect my warranty at all if i end up having something go wrong witht he motor/intake system?
Why would another horn affect your intake?

SpeeDy3, as to electrical warranty as long as you're not putting something in and drawing way too much power off of the stock electrical system then you won't have a problem. I'm running two trumpet horns off of the stock wiring, and I know people who have installed several other kits (including ones that came with relay harnesses) also using the stock wiring.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:26 PM

Would i be able to install it as s secondary horn? meaning a separate horn from the stock (two horns! one to warn... the other to scare! muahahah)?

Old 11-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

Would i be able to install it as s secondary horn? meaning a separate horn from the stock (two horns! one to warn... the other to scare! muahahah)?
I can think of two ways to do this. One way is to wire up a separate horn (let's say an air horn) with an activiation switch of it's own somewhere (floor, dash, etc.). The other way would be to wire up a new horn and put a two way selector switch somewhere in the activation line to the steering wheel switch. That way you could select which horn you want to use and then still use the "horn" button to make noise. That's preferable I think since that's where your hand goes automatically when you want the horn anyway. That's also how our sirens are hooked up in the ambulances I work in. It can be set to be: the regular horn, the electronic siren horn, or the siren itself. I always check that mine's set to "annoying", i.e. the electronic horn, whenever I'm driving.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:21 PM

thetwo way selector switch sounds like abetter idea. now how would i go about doin something like that? ne site where i can purchase the extra stuff needed?

Old 11-07-2007, 05:24 PM

sooo basically your gonna blow your money on something that is gonna scare the crap out of people... god bless you HAHA

Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 PM

lol.. just because your currency is above ours doesnt mean i cant buy useless crap!!!! lmao.. jk.. btw.. time to move to canada until bush is outta office and we have some1 hoo actually cares bout the country and not the money going into their pocket!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:41 PM

sounds good. ill welcome you to canada... but what would ur girlfriend think haha

Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3
lol.. just because your currency is above ours doesnt mean i cant buy useless crap!!!! lmao.. jk.. btw.. time to move to canada until bush is outta office and we have some1 hoo actually cares bout the country and not the money going into their pocket!!!

They impeach Clinton, one of our more centralist Presidents in YEARS,for getting a blow job in the Oval office, buthave let Bush/Cheney/Rove, the REAL brains of the outfit,get away rape and murder. Bush is the stupid, arrogantfigurehead we all have tolook at on the news every night. Cheney is the danger, and Rove WAS an even bigger danger, imo.He was the hired gun that didn't have a real stand on anything except to please the "boss."
I just don't get it, but couldn't agree w/you more SPeeDy.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

While we're still off-topichere buton the same line:To this day I speak to ppl that state that they voted for Bush/Cheney and still support them. When I ask why, they either have no answer @ all or they say, "well, Bush didn't take the 9/11 attack lying down. He did something about it."
Morons. My older brother is one of them. No clue.
But good luck getting all this mess straightened out.I don't know who I'm voting for this time around, as they all seem to have an agenda... even Obama, my first choice. I might've voted for Clinton 15 yrs ago, but she too is now too much a part of the machine, and I don't trust her.

Quick Reply: Different Horn