Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Different Horn

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Different Horn

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

thetwo way selector switch sounds like abetter idea. now how would i go about doin something like that? ne site where i can purchase the extra stuff needed?
Well in theory you would find the activation wire from the horn switch in the steering wheel somewhere in the wiring bundle. Cut that wire and run it into a two position switch. Of of one of the poles you run the other half of the stock wiring, off of the other you run the activation wire to the relay of whatever big horn you're using. There's probably a bit more than that but that would be the gist.

Let me look into it.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

For ultimate flexibilty, that sounds like a GREAT idea. Another one from Mr. Spots!!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 AM

THATS IT im buying the train horn > its gonna be awesome and evil and scare the crap out of anyone that comes within 2 meters of my car. BAHAHAHAHHA. loll... once again if i bhad the money.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

THATS IT im buying the train horn > its gonna be awesome and evil and scare the crap out of anyone that comes within 2 meters of my car. BAHAHAHAHHA. loll... once again if i bhad the money.
You can still get a lot of sound from a small air horn vs. a train horn. I was reading through a post someone on a motorcycle forum was making about the stebel nautilus compact dual air horn. He was getting ready to leave work (at Lowe's) and was installing his new horn on his bike in the parking lot before he left. When he was testing it all the people in the warehouse came out to see why there was a train in the parking lot. Sure it won't be as loud as a train horn, but there's really no need for something that loud. Advance Auto also sells a three tone air horn (w/ small compressor) for $30.

Also side note, do you have an alarm on your car? My old truck had a two tone air horn installed in it by a previous owner, as well as a security system. At one point when my brother still owned the truck the alarm either shorted or was activated (suffice it to say it went off) and was going off long enough that it burned out the compressor. Something to think about.

As to the horn switch idea, I have a question in to my electrical guy about how it could all work, and what wiring would need to be tapped. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 AM

no i dont have a car alarm on my car just the keyless entry... which sucks but oh well. sincei have the immobilizer im not too worried about people stealing my car. but that would be good. where do you go to get those horns? auto advance? what is that.... maybe ill loook at canadian tire to see if they have em haha

Old 11-08-2007, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3
lol.. just because your currency is above ours doesnt mean i cant buy useless crap!!!! lmao.. jk.. btw.. time to move to canada until bush is outta office and we have some1 hoo actually cares bout the country and not the money going into their pocket!!!

They impeach Clinton, one of our more centralist Presidents in YEARS,for getting a blow job in the Oval office, buthave let Bush/Cheney/Rove, the REAL brains of the outfit,get away rape and murder. Bush is the stupid, arrogantfigurehead we all have tolook at on the news every night. Cheney is the danger, and Rove WAS an even bigger danger, imo.He was the hired gun that didn't have a real stand on anything except to please the "boss."
I just don't get it, but couldn't agree w/you more SPeeDy.

LOL.. i guess bush got his ******* in the oval office too.. lmao.. ok back on the topic...

i dont have an alarm.. i have a panic button though (useless). seems like a whole lotta wiring for something so simple. spots thank u in advance for all your help.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

no i dont have a car alarm on my car just the keyless entry... which sucks but oh well. sincei have the immobilizer im not too worried about people stealing my car. but that would be good. where do you go to get those horns? auto advance? what is that.... maybe ill loook at canadian tire to see if they have em haha
Advance Auto is just a US national auto. supply store. Canadian tire would be the equivelant.