Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

diy short ram intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned

I guess i'm not the only one _____________________________________.
The only thing I want to say, (because too much reading) is that my personal experience with my SRI is the heat soak issue. Pressure from the Fans behind the Rad pushes the hot air over to the SRI. Sucking in that extra hot air hurt my performance. I believe that timimg was retarded due to knock sensor. Once I sealed the SRI from the hot air in the engine bay, my performance was better (like a CAI but shorter).

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 04-29-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

I only have experience with AEm, but I have read that Injen is one of the better, more highly respected ones.
Some of the K&N's is convertible (SRI/CAI) which is a nice touch, but I wonder how many would take the time to do that? There's also the issue of over-oiling the filter after cleaning it. This is purely operator error, but has been known to cause damage to MAF sensors.
I have said it several times already in this thread alone, but I'll say it again; If you are expecting any serious gains in mileage or performance, save your money for wheels or shocks instead. You will get neither. If you want "the look" and a cleaner looking engine compartment than be prepared to pay for it.These things aren't cheap and you are never likely to recoup the cost of one. I am sure that I haven't.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

From my own research, and if you are adamant about getting one, the Injen is what I would recommend.
But in general, if you stick w/name brands, not the cheapo eBay crap, and go for the least expensive you can find within those brand names, you should be all right.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Default update

man its been a while since ive been on this forum. when I checked my last login it was from last year lol.

so heres my update:
for the SRI i ended up going with the corksport SRI and got rid of my stock exhaust with the corksport power series exhaust sys.

as for tires/suspension i picked up the eibach pro kit lowering springs and HnR front and rear swaybars and yokohama YK580s

n a few lil fun bits, TWM shortshifter, aftermarket grille, and put in 5k hids for the headlights and 3k for the fogs.

Attached Thumbnails diy short ram intake-car3.jpg