Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Do not go to Middletown Mazda in southern New York!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Lev
Default Do not go to Middletown Mazda in southern New York!

If you live in the southern tier of New York find a different dealer than Middletown Mazda, VW. I went in to get my oil changed, tires balanced, and my rear brake pads changed about two months ago. when i left the dealership my steering wheel was shaking more than when i went in and my car was making a rattling noise. i told them what was going on and went in to get the tires rebalanced. they then told me i needed new bearings for the rattlingso they ordered it. trip number three i go down to getthe newbearings put in. i left the dealership and i dont know why but ididn't hear the rattling anymore but when i got home i heard the rattling. I went back down to have them look at the car and see what it was. the rattling was only coming from the back and only started happening after i got the new rear brake pads put in. i only hear the rattling when i go overany kind of bump in the road and its very irritating to hear.the lady came out and told me that the mechanic said i need new rear stabalizers. she said after a while they start to wear away. this sounded fishyto me but i'm not too knowledgeable on cars. the next day i noticed that when i press my brakes and go over bumps the rattling stops so i called the dealer and told them that and said that i was pretty sure it was the shotty job done on my rear brakes. the secretary goes and talks to the mechanic and comes back and tells me that he thinks its still the stabalizers. they already ordered the parts and they are on their way. trip number five is to have the stabalizers put in but im expecting to make two more trips. the first is when i do a u turn and blast at them that the car still rattles and to make the final trip to that **** hole of a dealership and have them fix their mistake. Unfortunately this is not the first time they messed up on my car but thats a whole other story. that is the closest Mazda dealer to me and its an 80 mile round trip. so now i have to go all the way up to Albany for a dealer because the closer you go to NYC the more they want to screw you. They are nothing but a bunch of incompetents that work there and don't know what they are doing. the car is still under warranty so i don't have to pay for this, only thehigh price of the gas it takes to get down there.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Do not go to Middletown Mazda in southern New York!

replace the rear stabilizers??
that sound like bull to me....
the stabilizer is just a thick (about 3/4 of an inch) metal bar that goes from the one control to the other......
stab's really dont wear out.. the bushing's, maybe....

oh, and how many miles do u have???

Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 PM

man im sorry to hear that. especially after i jus bought my 3 from there. me and my family have always bought mazdas from their and we never had a problem i hope u can get urs resolved.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Lev

The car is only two years old and has 40800 miles. I had a feeling it wouldn't be the stabilizers because the car is still pretty young. its been a week today and they still haven't called me to tell me the part came in.