Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Which do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Default Which do you prefer?

ok i cant decide whether to just put yellow tint film over the fogs or replace the bulbs with a yellow color bulb?

Old 09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Which do you prefer?

You should be able to tell from my sig pic which I would go with. But that is a bit of a tough one... and a personal one too.
How stealthy do you wish to be about it?

The pros (as I see them
Tint: Does not go away if a bulb burns out;Lasts for years if properly taken care of; Gives the car a different look; Easy installation;Protects the lens from stones chips/damage; Inexpensive to purchase; Can easily be removed if you change your mind.
Bulbs:It's possiblethat the yellow light output will be more saturated than with tint (I'm guessing Keeps the car stock looking in appearance.

The cons (again, as I see them
Tint: Will burn if left on too long w/o air circulation (idling in the driveway for 2 hours, or stuck in a huge traffic jam Outwardly changes the appearance of the car
Bulbs: Will have to order or keep a spare should one suddenly burn out;Is not that easy to install; Will do nothing to protect the lens; Does not change the appearance of the car.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:44 PM

very good points. well im lookin for night AND day look.. which means the tint. i didnt even think about the fact that it can protect the fogs, or even that the tints could burn up. how bout if i put both? my friends suggested i dont do that cuz itll look dull.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

I doubt that and I thought that a possibility after I'd sent that post.
Remember, when you put all the solid colors together on a piece of paper you get black. But when you put all the colors of the spectrum together as light, you get white. I don't see how they would cancel each other out causing the "dull" you friend suggests?
Or, you could go clear on the lens protection and yellow on the bulbs?

As for burning up, I know of only one person this happened to (why I mentioned it) and he was stuck in a traffic jam for overtwo hours w/the fogs on... and he is not usually a stupidguy either. He won't do that again, I assure you.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

lots of people on mazda3forums have burned up their fog coverings from rockblocker. It's not a flaw in the material, rather that it's directly on a very hot piece of glass and if you're not moving then it burns.