Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Does ANYONE have remote start on the 3 GT w/Tech?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Default Does ANYONE have remote start on the 3 GT w/Tech?

Is it aftermarket or OEM? Is there ANY solution to integrate push-button AND remote start into one remote? How do they play together? What happens if you remote start the car and then walk up to it? What happens? Can you use the button on the handle to unlock the door if the car is running via proximity? Do you have to restart the car when you enter? No one seems to have these answers.

Thanks

Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM

to be honest, i could careless about having either one of those items. to try and intergrate a remote start, and push button, would not only be cumbersome to get everything to work right it would be costly not to mention a pretty big drain on your electrical system.

These systems may work together but again not worth the time, money, and other things that must be done to make sure your car could properly handle it all, i had to pick one i would get the push button start, i honestly see no reason to have a push button start or have the ability to unlock via prox, just seems lazy to me.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 PM

I have a '10 with Tech but didn't get the remote start, couldn't see a need for it. I live in the mid South and the car is garaged, maybe if I lived up north and had a frozen car sitting outside each morning I would be interested.

Your post leads me to believe you are contemplating getting a '10 with one or both options and don't have them already.....??

I have the Tech and do like the push button start and being able to unlock and operate the car without taking the keys out of my pocket. That's nice. And you do get the NAV as part of it, for $1100 I guess it was worth it although the NAV is Garmin sized- at least no one can smash the window and steal it.

You would think that someone at the dealer would be able to answer those questions. I would think that the remote start would not interfere with the proximity lock/button etc. And I agree that it's kind of dumb to have a separate keyfob unit for the remote start. I don't think I would part with my $$$ until you can get some clear answers.