Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Does someone know how to drop a Mazda 3 5 door with out buying springs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Default RE: Does someone know how to drop a Mazda 3 5 door with out buying springs.

hydraulics THERE WE GO haha

Old 09-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Default RE: Does someone know how to drop a Mazda 3 5 door with out buying springs.

u want t odrop the car without spending any money.. keep in mind, you get what you pay for. you want some backyard job done on your new (i assume) car. what do u think you'll get out of that. honestly, if you love your car like how we all love our cars (if my car was a grl i'd marry it), you would consider going all out as much as you can. just my .02 .

Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 AM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3
(if my car was a grl i'd marry it),
as would i because my car is very sexy . but he is right if you want it done right and not some rough kind of ride then get it done by someone who knows what they are doing. because if you dont (and i lowered my 04 Acura EL) and i found some people who did it like the way you want to got bad results... others got fine results depending on the car. i spent the extra money having someone do it. and it turned out awesome.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 AM

Let air out of your tires.

Cutting coils does lower it, at the sacrifice of ride quality. Heating coils up also works, but you are more likely to trash a perfectly good set of springs (uneven heat applied means uneven results.....you end up with a crooked car.)

Seriously...you get what you pay for....cough up the $200 for new springs if a lowered vehicle is what you want. Installing new springs is actually a pretty easy thing to do. (It's harder to cut coils or heat them up than it is to just put in the correct springs.)

Old 09-05-2007, 08:38 AM

DAMN, why don't you just sacrifice him to the car GODS guys.

TAKE IT EASY

Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 AM

hey we're just giving him the right type of advice. a little criticism isn't bad either. we're just trying to lead the new guy the right direction.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: sstlaure
.... (It's harder to cut coils or heat them up than it is to just put in the correct springs.)
I'll second that.
And, like SST said, let the pros do the R&D. They are in business to get it right, 'cause if they don't... no money/no business. Sospend a little extra forthe mistakes they've already paid for.
There are already a lot of choices out there and some really good street springs available (stay away from the eBay "JDM," $40/pr. type though.)
If you screw it up, it comes out of your pocket to fix it. You will also screw up the warranty for anything that might go wrong with the suspension/brakes, whatever.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:40 PM

very true virgin. i was actually thinkin the same thing back with my old car but i was like you know what screw it so i did what he just said coughed up the extra 200 bucks and my results were so much better because one of my friends who owns a 1992 acura Integra did what you were thinkinga bout doing and now his car looks like its gonna flip over its so bad doing it himself. do it smart.. get it done by someone who knows what they are doing. and as virgin said you could get your warranty voided

Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 PM

yea by now i think its safe to say hes not comming back[&o]....o well ill give him till next Monday before i trash this thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:43 PM

or perhaps he took our ideas and is makin the smart choice on spending the money and getting it done professionally

Quick Reply: Does someone know how to drop a Mazda 3 5 door with out buying springs.