Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Default Dual Exhaust

This might have been covered before, but I'm new, so I apologize.

Just got a 2005 3 in May and I love it.
I am looking into putting dual exhaust on it, but I want to keep the stock bumper guard and try to keep the back of the car looking as stock as possible...minus the extra exhaust pipe or course.

Any suggestions? I have looked all over and I can't find just the bumper cover, or even a back bumper that looks pretty close to stock with space for dual exhausts.

Any help/input would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Default RE: Dual Exhaust

you would be much better off staying with a single exhaust...dual will just add more weight anyways and if anything it will minimalize your performance gains.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:32 AM

I think he is doing it for style. Mazda did that with my 7, they aren't true duals, just a y-pipe.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:10 AM

I think he is doing it for style
Yes, it is for style...if its not gonna work, and I would have to pay big money for it, its not worth it, I just think it would really sharpen up the look of the back end. And I would be open to a y-pipe, i had that on my old car...worked fine, not a noticeable performance gain which was OK.

My main concern was making the bumper cover look as though it wasn't just hacked away at with a sawzall.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:13 AM

you cuold try to patch the existing hole rather than create another and just lower the pipes to come out below the cover (but be careful about scraping)

Old 08-20-2006, 03:30 AM

Besides scraping, I would worry about melting too.
My dual exhaust on my last car used to melt into the bumper when it came to close after a long right or hard driving...so I was hoping to keep the same hole on the left b/c it gets the neccesary clearance, and just make a symetrical one on the right.

Also, the car is already low in the back, dropping the exhaust another 2-3 inches would make city driving nearly impossible....and I live in the city.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:09 AM

Dual exhaust is primarily for torque and power gains. It would be more efficient to use a dual exhaust than the Y pipe for those with engine that has a V type configuration. Well for the sake of style, I bet you won't mind the additional cost for added components.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

there's this one.

This one

Incidentally the car in that first post of the last thread I linked is the one I was trying to show you, but the finished pics aren't working anymore. I'm sure if you PM'd you he'd send you a picture of his setup. Oh, here are some from when he painted them black.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:57 PM

wow that looks really good, Mazda should have done that because I see why he wants it now. O.O

Old 08-28-2006, 11:04 PM

icspots, nice post... dual exhaust is definetly what im doing now, those cars look really clean and sweet....thanks for the post

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust