Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Ebay's h7 HID kits into stock halogen projectors ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Default Ebay's h7 HID kits into stock halogen projectors ?

so i figured out that those are just H7 halogens in my projectors and someone told me that hologen projectors are different from hid projectors(im talking about factory projectors on mazda3, of course)

wonderring if those H7 HID kits that can be easily bought from ebay fits my halogen projectors ?

any comment will be HIGHLY appreciated !!

Old 03-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Default RE: Ebay's h7 HID kits into stock halogen projectors ?

it depends on what you want to do, if you want to go with the XENON lights, you would have to get a kit for that, but as for the ones on eBay, i would not trust them really. I would go to a performance shop and check with them on that, maybe you can swap the housing from the Mazda6 into the 3. The bulbs in the 3 are H7 halogen, thats true, but when compared to regular sealed-beam halogen bulbs, like on a Saturn, they are much brighter and give off better light and actually "project" farther. You can always change the bulbs to go with a blue tint or something like a brighter white, the lower the "k" rating the more white, the higher the "k" rating the more color you will get, like blue and into purple

Old 03-29-2006, 05:20 PM

Well I somewhat agree with you Michael, but only 30%, if you do some research online or did already you will fin out that lots of people starting to do a Retro Fit " Using HIT kits and projectors off of the cars such as Acura TL or Merecedes or Audi" and install them on their cars, I guess it does sounds like changing your Halogen H7 bulbs to H7 HID kit.
There are a lot of sellers on Ebay you buy stuff and it brakes exactly a month after, but remember when u buy something look for warranty time they have.
I have purchased 2 weeks ago H7 6000K HID Xenon kit from a seller "fjt2000", yes the kit is from China and there is no comparison with Germany made HID kits such as Phillips, but instead of buying the same kit with the same warranty time for $500 i got it from him for $185 including the shipping whereas the package was delivered the 2 day.

Installation took me 4 hours, WHY? first of all it was my first time having HID's, and secondly, its my new car, and thirdly I didn't have my friend handy to speedup the process.

I have installed 6000K HID and WON't GO ANY HIGHER, this color looks white(30%)/purple(60%)/bluish(10%) on the road, AWASOME upgrade, EXCEPT like u SAID Micheal, bulbs may not fit, well they fit except that you need little modification to do with your METAL bracket that holds the bulb, it has to be BENT the way your bulbs will hold VERY FIRMLY, I spend 10 - 15 min benting it in variety of ways and as a result hold very Strong.

The only place I have found where i Could install the Ballersters, one Next to the HORN Under your Left Headlight, and the Second under the right headlight, on the Washer fluid tank, BUT for this procedure without any drilling I had to Remove a front bumper and both Headlights, where it TAKES the most of your time in this Procedure.

As a Result, From my perspectives, this procedure can be done with no Hassle, AFORDABLE, KIT IS ALREADY WIRED FOR YOU, just find a plce to mount your BALLESTERS, and YOU GOOD to go. GOOD LUCK

I will post PICTURES of my process tonight and you will see how was it done.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:28 PM

Oh yes, ALMOST FORGOT

DO NOT BUY THOSE blue looking like HID bulbs.
1. Their light out put is 3-5 time worse, How i know i have done it to my high beam bulbs, and comparing to a stock Halogen high beam bulbs this bluish HID looking bulbs are only look cool on your headlight, but useless on the road, i will post pics on that too.

2. They are too blue to be visible.

Unless
3. YOU CAN USE higher Watt bulbs and use Wirring Harness so your bulbs wont melt you wiring or your headlight connectors.

Oh, YOU NEED A WIRING HARNESS with HID kit, why, just for SAFETY of your vehicle, and DO NOT USE PLUG AND PLAY ONE.
Just a recomendation. GOOD LUCK

Old 03-29-2006, 05:34 PM

its good to see someone that has actually done the swap, i have not and dont know anyone that has, and glad to know it is working for you. but are you still using the H7 bulbs or are you using the XENON bulbs? if you are using XENON they should fit with no problem, just have to match the bulb to the kit, if the kit was made for a Mazda 3, Sylvania has the bulbs you can use. there should be reason to be bending a piece so the bulb fits right, that is just rigging it up and not the rigth way to do it. this is the HID bulb that should be used on the 3, if you have HID lights:

2005 MAZDA 3 (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

Low beam headlamp
HID-D2S

Old 03-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Lev

My friend used a plug and play on his car. Why isnt it good to use them?

Old 03-29-2006, 08:10 PM

Micheal, the bulbs do fit and work perfectly, they are H7 Xenon bulbs, works great, but the piece that is needed to bent is not to fit the bulb but to hold it tight, why? Stock H7 bulbs are connected to some kind of little converter, the halogen bulb pluged to it and that converter connecter by your hedlight wiring, i don't know why they did it but this converter makes your stock bulbs clearence bigger, where little piece of metal that hold the bulb in place has to be little bent because this little converter is not really needed there, so you see why, little mod.

As for why it is not recomended NO to use Plug and Play wiring is because its very simple way where you are using little thiker wirring to hold those Aperes that jump when u turn the headlight on, but those wires are not well secure, meaning that every time you turn your Xenon headlights AMPERES jump really high for couple of seconds, than go back to normal, every time this is done your underhood wiring gets those amperes whereas from time to time it will cause you to change your whole car wiring costing you in hundreds of dollors of repair. Most stock cars have 16 gauge wiring, and you are given little thiker 14-12 gauge wiring to handle those AMPERES so your bulbs won't burn out sooner or your connectors won't melt, and having this Plug and Play will eventually cause you wring problems, so just for your safety I would go for a safer typ of Harness with relay and fuse. Don't get me wrong I am not a proffesional or an Expert i have been learning all of this the hard way, so its up to you what to do.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:49 AM

How I installed H7 HID Xenon kit

Because i could not figure out how to post pics here i have posted them to this link.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2249901/3

[IMG]local://upfiles/3753/0C34C04657E44B20B05EDB2AF363A6FE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3753/062E9E8C330F468F9CDFC2E4934E6427.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3753/DB31CDEA67CC4C7FAC73540CBA233F14.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3753/2F918E7436B941FE8457F3C84DB152F4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3753/2F21A9D43AD54442BAD4F9800BB994AB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-30-2006, 02:50 AM

Damn it, oh well

Old 11-11-2006, 12:28 PM

any aftermarket HID kit will work very well with projectors, projectors can control the light very well i have an HID kit on my car and it works very well, i see much better and i dont blind oncoming traffic. If you want to see a picture just look at my signature. The picture is a close up you cant see the light pattern but that is a h1 8000k conversion kit on a 2000 Audi a6 (was not sandard that year). The only thing you want to look out for are those cheap kits that still require an external ignitor box they tend to go bad very fast.

Quick Reply: Ebay's h7 HID kits into stock halogen projectors ?