Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

ECU Tuning Capability

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by tcl
No modifications and yes all of the interior is stock including the all weather Mazda floor mats . It's a daily driver 2017 GT hatchback.
Even the replacement brake pads are genuine Mazda. Oh, and no air fresheners or extra gages either.
Just saying OP sounds like a nice young guy, and I'm much older, so it's just a few words of wisdom that's all.
Enjoy...
Wisdom based on? Have you even done any ECU calibrating? Again the title of this thread is ECU Tuning Capability and the op asked specifically about the ECU calibration capabilities of his Mazda first and foremost!
Did you ever mod any vehicles in your life?

How do you know the ops age comparing yours? LOL Just to let you know the response showing the DATA logging came from one of my customers in Australia and he is 56 years old driving a total modded out MCS on the street.

So you did add a none factory item the floor mats?

Old 03-12-2023, 11:19 AM
tcl

You're right...I'm wrong.

Last edited by tcl; 03-12-2023 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by tcl
You're right...I'm wrong.
unless you have done any "tooning" or EFI/ECU Performance Calibrating then your response is 100% correct.
Certified EFI/ECU Calibrator:
I use to name a few of my most common program soft and hardware
Full Asscess
ATI Vision
JET
DIABLOSPORT
UNI CHIP

and for my Mazda I use and recommend (*when applicable)
For DIY as well-advanced ECU calibrators this is a (engine) SAFE and reliable way to increase the drivability levels of any *MAZDA.

Versa Tuner
VersaTuner

Old 04-13-2023, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by tcl
Again, I would leave it alone. It is a 17 year old car, and if you need it for basic transportation it'll be much more reliable.
Everyone wants to go fast or make it look fast. Make sure it stops fast first!
Totally understand where you're coming from, but there's no way I can't not mess with it haha. First thing is to fix any issues it has, so right now that'll be front lower control arms, tie rods, front sway links and if I can fix my strut tower (it shifts when I turn from left to right; hit a deep *** pothole it's fine &#128517 I'll do that, too. Otherwise she's in great shape now. Did everything I can to get her the best parts I can think of.

Anyway, after that will be a suspension overhaul (overtime) and modding the shifter. Power upgrades will come in here and there whenever I feel like it, but not anytime soon. Oh, and the front brakes have been upgraded to factory big brakes, and I added Brembo Ceramic OE pads to help as well as replaced the brake fluid with DOT 4 for higher boiling point.