Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Default exhausts

How much louder is the 3speed exhaust than the regular 3's? And is it worth putting it on my 3 or just waiting until the warranty is over.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Default RE: exhausts

I had the Mazdaspeed exhaust on my 3i 2.0L. It was significantly louder than stock,and had a good tone to it.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:52 PM

so would you say it is worth it rather than voiding my warranty?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:06 PM

almost any mod you do, the dealer will find a reason to void it. They can't void the warranty unless they prove that the part you put on the car is what caused the damage.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:30 AM

i went up to my dealer and talked to them. i knkow that they lie and things but they told me that anything other than mazda parts void my warranty. is there any documents that i can look at to reasarch.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:03 PM

they are right about non mazda parts will void the warranty i've been looking in to buying a new mazdaspeed 3 and was looking at all the warranty information i could find and it does say they have the right to choose which "modifications" to the stock setup actually void the warranty. ive been talking to them about what i can actually get away with modifying to get better gas milage out of the stock turbo setup. trying to get it over 30. and we are not talking highway. i did a few things to my Rx7 to get about 32 MPG. found out that the speed versions i might be able to buy gear sets and different intakes and ways to modify the exhaust.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:54 AM

Try reading the warranty card that is in your owners manual. It states very clearly the terms and conditions of the warranty.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:59 AM

I thought this a more appropriate thread for this post...

Update ā€“ My Vibrant exhaust system has been installed, and all I can say is that it is TFA! This system is the Beeā€™s Kneeā€™s. Easy to install, everything fits perfectly and lines right up. The top bolts on the flanges are a little challenging to reach and Vibrant has NOT resolved the issue w/ the cat converter flange bolts. One will need two M10-1.50 x 40mm class 10.9 bolts. I got mine at Auto Zone for < $3.00 and just reused the original gasket. It would be the absolute perfect kit if these two things were supplied by Vibrant. But even with this omission I rate the product a consumer reports best buy. Oh, and the exhaust note is practically musical. The tone and volume are perfect with no hint of rice. (I believe Jaimie could recommend a kit w/ a fart can and a 6ā€¯ tip for those hungry for rice) Anyway, this kit has totally exceeded expectations and I am a totally satisfied customer. Now all I want to do is drive around but I canā€™t afford to given the price of gas. Bother.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

GREAT!!![sm=icon_cheers.gif] See? I told you you'd[sm=drlove.gif][sm=drooldude.gif] it as much as I do mine.
'Sorry about the bolt/gasket issue though. After I installed mine +/-2yrs ago, I wrote Vibrant and was assured it was an oversight that would be corrected. 'Guess they were just giving me lip-service. Gotta' love those corporate types, huh?
And yeah, those top bolts can be difficult. Trying to reach around the heat shield to get at themis where I thinkI lost most of my blood.
So now we have a HB and a Sedan on here w/the Vibrant... and I know Dentinger has a Vibrant headeron his Sedan too.
I also see you didn't waste any time changing your sig.[sm=chairshot.gif]
Got any[sm=Flahssssss.gif]or sound clipsyet??

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 06-03-2008, 02:56 AM

I took my 04 3s to the local shop in my hometown and asked to get it de-resonated and straight pipe in replace of the resonators and it sounds better then a speed3 i think. and it didnt void my warranty ive had plenty of work done to mine under warranty.