Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Factory Radio w/ Sub Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:34 AM
Default RE: Factory Radio w/ Sub Installation

hello all,

I see how much help you guys have given others, so I figured I would throw my hat in the mix.

I am looking to install an Alpine amp, and an Alpine 12" Type R sub in my 3 just for a little added bass to the factory HU. I took the system from my old car, however when I sold it this genius didn't take note of the wires that the professional used to install it. I have looked into getting it installed with my factory HU and they are quoting me a ridiculous amount of money...bottom line, I need to know what wires I need in order to run the amp, I'm sure I need a decent sized power wire, but is there anything else I need specifically? RCA"s etc?....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Default RE: Factory Radio w/ Sub Installation

You will need A set of RCA's preferably something high quality, a decent sized Power wire 10AWG and just some thin 18AWG wire for your remote wire, running all three front to back if you want the amp in the trunk, as well as just a short Negative wire i would use equivalent size to the Power wire, you will also need a Line-Out Convertor to tap into the speaker wires to run your RCA's and keep the factory deck ..Just Curious if there is any advantage to tapping the front speaker wires or the rear speaker wires for the Signal Processor (MTX Re-Q), I prefer having the fade to the rear so i was leaning towards the rears..