Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

First time Mazda buyer/cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Default First time Mazda buyer/cold air intake

Hi I am very new about Mazda and cold air intake. I was told by the dealership that since I want to buy Mazda 3 touring 2.3 with 158hp but no dealership in Colorado have to model and color I want, I could buy Mazda3 2.0L touring with 148hp and install “cold air intake” which will increase my hp to be similar to the 2.3 L. My question is this information correct and how reliable are these cold air intake such as ride comfort, engine and gas? Also, does anybody know how reiable are the Mazda3 in the cold and snow?
Any help would be very thankful Konn

Old 10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Default RE: First time Mazda buyer/cold air intake

I have no idea, but if it is true, they should give you the intake for free and if something goes wrong with it or there is a problem because of it then they have to cover it under the vehicle's warranty. You should probably just wait though....

My car handles good in the winter here on L.I.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Konn,
I'm afraid a CAI is not the answer. By itself you probably wouldn't see a hp increase. With an exhaust too, maybe 10-12. The real difference is in the torque the two engines produce.
The 2.3 is lots torquier than the 2.0 in stock frm and a CAI is just notgoing o make that up.

Why won't the deler shop around for youand get the car you want rom another dealer? It happenes all the time.
Or you could orderan '08 "exactly" the way you want it.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Konn,
I'm afraid a CAI is not the answer. By itself you probably wouldn't see a hp increase. With an exhaust too, maybe 10-12. The real difference is in the torque the two engines produce.
The 2.3 is lots torquier than the 2.0 in stock frm and a CAI is just notgoing o make that up.

Why won't the deler shop around for youand get the car you want rom another dealer? It happenes all the time.

thats exactly what they did for me. or at least they tried to find a car around here that was the same colour and everything as i wanted. but in the end they ordered it. and honestly man it doesnt take long. it took me about a week and a half to get my car. dont settle for what they have on the lot saying that oooh thats the only colour are you okay with that. tell them to order it and hopefully (because they did it with me and as i said before took a week and a half)

Old 10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3
thats exactly what they did for me. or at least they tried to find a car around here that was the same colour and everything as i wanted. but in the end they ordered it. and honestly man it doesnt take long. it took me about a week and a half to get my car. dont settle for what they have on the lot saying that oooh thats the only colour are you okay with that. tell them to order it and hopefully (because they did it with me and as i said before took a week and a half)

I agree with nearly everything you said,.... But Jaime, somebody was snookering you if they said it only took a week and a half.
Either they already had one (edit: whoops!) orderedjust as you wanted it, or another dealer in the area did.

The boat from Japan takes more than 1.5 weeks, not to mention order, build and shipping time.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 PM

well for me it turned out to be on a train there and that they had the car on a train and low and behold i got the car in a week and a half. guy called me do you want your car im like YESSSSSSSSSSS . and that day took it to the blue jays game . was a good day. but to the guy that was asking. dont bother playing their games and subsizing with saying oh well they only have it in that colour or that engine or whatever the case may be. buy the car that you want and patiently wait for it. i assume you have a car right now so drive that and wait. thats what my friend is doing. at the beginning of november he gets his 2008 honda civic. trading in his 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with 190 000 KM. i think its gettin built there. and then comes on a ship to canada and there he has it.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:30 PM

btw like my new picture

Old 10-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Truth? It looks horribly washed out. The first one was too dark because of the shadow, now this one is too bright. Check the white balance setting of your camera, or you could fix this one usingPhotoShop or anequivalent program.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Konn,

+1. the CAI wouldnt make up the difference between engines.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:56 PM

actually i think it was too sunny. i dono ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i cant get a right picture jeeez.

Quick Reply: First time Mazda buyer/cold air intake