Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

The Fob is a flop...unless you can fix it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Unhappy Update

Hello all and thanks again for your help.

I went back to the dealer's to pick up my plates and explained the problem to him. He showed me a little ritual that manages to solve the problem:

1) Open door.
2) Close door.
3) Open door again.
4) Pray for the correct alignment of stars and planets.
5) If beeping continues, take the end of the key and knock around the ignition until beeping stops.

Unfortunately, these steps only work some of the time. I have purchased CAIG's DeoxIT and ProGold to lubricate the ignition module. Thus far, it doesn't seem to do much, but I've left the ProGold on overnight. We'll see if it works. Sadly, my car is out of warrenty and thus, I'm trying my hardest to avoid a costly repair. THough if the beeping continues, I might just have to shell out some cash to save myself from going bonkers.

Virgin1, the Ch.Ch. cookies are in your cache, all toasty and ready for you .

Old 08-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that, but like they always used to say (and it is less true today than it used to be,) when you buy a used car, you are buying someone else's problems.
I'm sure you'll get it straightened out before long though. Give the contact cleaner a chance to work for a while. Time. That may do it.

YUMMY!! Dems is some GOOD cookies!! Tanks!!