Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Found turbos for mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Default RE: Found turbos for mazda 3

all i have to say is do some research before sayin stupid stuff Tracker. check out some other forums and see what's been done...

living in socal, i don't have a reason to sit in traffic to and from work in gridlock in a 4door mtx, that's me. i've taken the car to quite a few track days and suprised the crap out of people when they see it's an atx. i've run the turbo up to 15psi and not had any problems so far. will it last forever, hell no, but neither wil the mtx....3rd gear will be gone soon for 90% of the people that push the manual. wear will always happen, but look the supporting mods and just keep naive comments to yourself.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:36 PM

that sitting in a gridlock in socal to and from work response answered my "why?" question. thanks mr tea.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:19 PM

sorry, was waiting on word about my car and a bit pissed in general i guess when i wrote that....oh well

for those that do have auto's, the valvebody upgrade puts you back in the running as far as speed of shifts at least. i'm still loosing 20% in the drivetrain, but shifts are damn fast at least

Old 02-22-2006, 09:20 PM

hey mr. tea did you strengthen your internals on your engine if not arent you worried that you might blow you engine up on such high PSI?

Old 02-23-2006, 12:17 AM

the kit comes stock at 8psi (usually 5-6 on the atx) and can run safe into 10psi if you are careful, even higher if you don't have crappy gas like we have here in cali. on race mix (about 95 octane) i can run 15psi without issues. I actually sent my car to have the top end rebuild with Supertech valves, springs and retainers a while back, pick it up next month. then Juan from HiBoost comes up to the states mid March and i'm looking to replace internals then....trying to get close to 400hp

Old 02-23-2006, 01:42 AM

well this is what ive been told and have seen it happen myself, if you turbo or even supercharge an automatic, tiptronic transmission is still auto (i have an auto btw) the increased power will wear all parts of youre engine (same with any car, manual or not) but having it being an auto the drivetain is not constructed to handle the increased power even of you build up youre internals (i didn't wnat to believe it until a top grade mechanic told me what would happen and i saw a car almost explode in a street race, eventually all trannies will have to replaced but auto you will have to do very often, it sucks i know but thats the truth (thats why the SRT-4 is only manual). Now this what you can do first you would want to build up your interals, get a manual conversion kit THEN put a turbo, twin turbo, or supercharger in (good luck finding a charger, or twin for us)im not trying to say that you cant do it on a auto (cuz i really want to) but from what ive been told and found its safer to have a manual, and one more thing if you find anything to prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that what ive posted is wrong...plz,plz,plz for the love of god let me know, cuz i really dont want to have manual car just to have a properly tuned turbo. thanx

Old 02-23-2006, 02:44 AM

as stated, you can build up anything you want, and if it wasn't made for a turbo you have to keep that in mind. there are plenty of automatic cars with FI, but they are made for it. the key thing is keeping heat to a minimum...this comes from a tranny cooler and valvebodies (quicker shifts = less heat). Both Lentech and Level10 make stuff for the 4spd, all they way up to bulletproof transmissions putting capable of 500hp with w/trans brakes. our tranny handles 6-8psi fine, though without the valvebodies you'll find yourself going into redline during shifts if you aren't carefull...but that's not an issue with valvebodies.

I have been the tester/prototyper for 13 companies now and have helped test plenty limits and product...some do well...some not (changing a ring after testing a pulley that the mazda doesn't like). that's what i do, i've raced my car at several track days and suprised the hell out of a few subi's and M3's...gotta trust what i put on my car.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:52 AM

dang, thas bread right there man wutchu do for a livin sell coke? haha naw j/p but seriously man thas awesome u runnin any new exhaust pipes? and is it a front mount intercooler?

Old 02-23-2006, 03:14 AM

luckily i get decent discounts from whoring out my car and prototyping...otherwise i'd be screwed. people have helped out a lot, got my car trailored up to NorCal (7hours) for free to a race team that is working on my car...met some good people working with this mazda.

after the internals from HiBoost i expect the tranny to finally take a crap by the second track day, so the full tranny will be the last big mod for me. I have a Greddy setup for exhaust right now (free from prototyping) that will be coming off in the next month, and yes on the FMIC.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:22 AM

i dont suppose you'd be able to sell sum parts to this forum for cheap or sumtin? i'd luv to get my hands on sum exhaust parts? maybe a high flo cat frum apexi straight frum japan? im coming frum nicoclub.com so im used to tha hook up sorry man

Quick Reply: Found turbos for mazda 3