Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Found turbos for mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 03:37 AM
Default RE: Found turbos for mazda 3

man that is so unfair

Old 02-23-2006, 04:08 AM

im actually guessin that since i got rid of my 2nd 240 i cant get any hook ups no more, eh have you guys read about the mazdaspeed 3 using the engine frum the mazdaspeed 6 but i dont have any clue how they got it made for jus front wheel drive vehicle since its a all wheel drive engine i'll jus stick wit my vehicle and wait for sum idiot to crash his 'speed 3 and take his stuff

Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 PM

i usually get rid of all my stuff through Mazda6Club, i moderate there and know where all the locals are. I also use Mazda3Forums to find prototype guys for companies needing new stuff.

as far as the engine being the same as the speed....sorta. same look/shape/dimensions....but the speed utilized a better material and production as well as internals to make it stand up to the 16psi they put into it. for drivetrain, majority of awd systems use a transverse layout and the front dif bolts up just like a regular transaxle.

if you are looking to build it up, use HiBoost. he's gotten up to 508HP on his 3 so far utilizing his high boost kit...not really a point for anything more than that yet at least. you can already get internals from Supertech, Eagle, Cosworth, Pauter and Wiseco...so it's gonna be cheaper to just build up this one anyone. seeing the speed3 will be fwd now, there's no reason to hold out, only good thing to look for is the build tranny it will use.

Old 02-23-2006, 05:16 PM

Well to be truthful, since my car is a daily driver, i cant really do a whole lot to it like how i want to, but i do like modding so thas why im jus lookin to small stuff right now, jus like my old 240, i do small things to gain power like swapping the MAF to 300zx or cobra MAF for an extra 15 hp outta tha mods done to it so on and so forth so right now engine swap is outta tha question...older cars are so much better to tinker with.....

Old 02-24-2006, 05:54 AM

yeah, i ended up buying a bike so i could do some real work to the car. haven't driven my car in 2 months already, and expect almost another before i can really. thankfully in cali it doesn't rain for some reason now...so the bike isn't too bad.

here you go Krimson

1-intake
2-exhaust
3-BSD, VTCS, timing advance & grounding mods
4-valvebodies if you have an atx (lentech or Level10)
4-header (and racepipe or highflow cat)

all that stuff you can do without tuning and feel the difference. you can do all of that for about 1100 or so and see maybe ~25hp to the wheels or so. some effect low end, some high end, but all noticable.

cams and tuning should be out this summer. you can send you're TB out to a company to get "tuned" for better tip-in and top end power. Cosworth has an intake manifold that can be made to work. there's a lot to play with now.

i just listed power mods as i don't know enough about your suspension. i started with suspension and was able to pass a few BMW's and Legacies on the track with only 140hp to the wheels...so that might be a good place to start as well?

Old 02-25-2006, 03:18 AM

now my next question would be would brands do i go with right now i only really trust mainstream stuff like apexi greddy rsr and such you know? does dc sports makes a exhaust manifold and i kno intake manifolds cant really be all that trustworthy and i was already planning on buyin NGK plugs and wires, install myself, then buy hyperground wires and get installed and dyno tuned...eh does tha car come with LSD if not does someone make one for it already

Old 02-25-2006, 06:47 AM

there is some mainstream stuff, but more niche companies. vibrant, draxas, Marcy Motorsport...are some of the smaller companies supporting the 3. Magnaflow has a good one...and i'm sure there's a few more for exhaust.

if you want a header, you have Draxas, Vibrant and F2 right now (DC will call me if they want to do it, but they bailed on the V6 headers after working on them for 2 months, so not sure how it will turn out)

no big reason to change plugs as the stockers are nice iridium plugs (but you can if you want) and there are no plug wires that are "upgrades", they are just changes. the stock system works better than the aftermarket available right now.

ground wires...go for it...helps a bit i'd venture to say, but mostly placeabo

there is no dyno tuning the Mazda's yet, so no point in that. maybe end of summer/year we'll finally see something

Quaife has an LSD available, but no one has confirmed that it's a good fit yet...just been told that it will work for us (mazdas)

Old 02-25-2006, 10:14 AM

good lookin out u jus saved me a bunch of money for now seems like imma have to wait before i start with the engine and right now imma stay away from everything else jus save my money for now havent found anything i want yet but maybe some tranny upgrades but like i said right now just aint worth it thanx, tea you'll prolly b hearing from me to find out info on parts you comin up to the bay to check out the 1st HIN? HA! we stole it away from so. cali bay area rules! Go hyphy, go stupid wid it

Old 02-25-2006, 06:01 PM

car won't be done for HIN. pick it up on the 9th and will be hitting up the socal nights show in San Diego. not really worried about the show, though i wanna go. if i can get my car in for internals on the 13th, that's the plan, so i'd miss the show i think...oh well.

let me know if you have any other questions, i've wasted a lot of cash, trying to help others play it a bit smarter.